Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-19-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Las Vegas , Nevada
List by city of suggested maintenance places ? ? ?

I search and search but never find something that would be VERY useful . . . A list by city of suggested maintenance places ? ? ?

I have relocated to Las Vegas, asked local Airstreamers, gone to meetings, got on meetup group, searched here on this website and I just can not find a list of places that can do proper Airstream maintenance. I just want my axles re-packed and brakes done. We have a 1976 Argosy, I want someone that knows what they are doing. I have had nightmare experiences at big chain RV store places and they almost destroyed my trailer with their "duct tape it and we'll never see them again" approach. Sure, I could drive 450 miles to Tucson where I know a guy. All this info, perhaps what I need is here but I just can't find it.

Is there a place on this website for me to find a Airstream knowledgeable repair persons?

or just give me a suggestion for this town, Las Vegas, NV ? ?

or is it Tucson here I come?

Thank you.
quip000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:59 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
If you have the time, a place to work, and a few basic tools, the absolute best person to do the work is you. Nobody else will ever approach your coach with the same level of care that you will.

Packing the bearings and doing the brakes aren't complex, just dirty. If you can take apart a ball point pen and put it back together so it works, you can do this. I'm sure there's threads and YouTube videos up one side and down the other about how to do both. Plus, you can use the money you save to buy any tools you need, so you're ahead of the game for next time.

Then you get to come back here and brag about it, too!
Old 01-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Shops change hands and people don't have the same good experiences at one location. A comprehensive list is hard but the, "Las Vegas best Airstream maintenance" question is s good bet you'll get fellow locals to answer up and point you toward their good local experiences.

If you would consider driving to Tuscon I would go to Area 63 Productions of I 15 outside Rancho Cucamonga first. That only 230 miles.

In 2010 Pat Clark Custom Haulers and Trailers was recommended. They are no longer a dealer but still do trailer work.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:03 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
... If you would consider driving to Tuscon I would go to Area 63 Productions of I 15 outside Rancho Cucamonga first. That only 230 miles. ...
Yes, I just checked on AREA 63, that's the man know as Uwe, I have had the pleasure of meeting him at the first Vintage Maintenance Rallies in Albuquerque. He is closer to us than Tucson! Thank You.
quip000 is offline   Reply With Quote