Old 01-19-2018, 11:54 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Bellingham , Washington
Leak behind city water connection

2007 27FB with major leak at city water connection. What is the best way to access inside to replace? Any pictures or diagrams would be helpful.

vhaalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
There are several threads about this. The fitting itself can go bad (and sometimes be repaired by tightening screws on the back), and the connection at the back of the fitting can be loose.

Some people find they can unscrew the fitting from the outside, and pull it out far enough to replace it.

On my 2013 25FB, I went from the inside. The fitting is in back of the closet.

The closet has a boxed-in area at the lower back. The first step is to remove the top panel--just two screws. If you are lucky and dexterous, this might give you enough room to get at the fitting.

The next step is to reach behind the upright panel and remove the screws holding it in. I found seven. They are driven in at an angle. You cannot see them, you just see the holes.

Then all that is holding the upright panel is three wooden pegs at the bottom, and glue. You pull/wiggle/force it enough, it will come. I actually managed to get it out without breaking the pegs. (when I put it back, I did not use glue--the screws seemed good enough to me.)

Good luck.

There's a good picture at http://www.airforums.com/forums/f443...de-175784.html

I've posted a picture showing what mine looks like from the inside, but I cannot find that thread now.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote