Old 09-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #15

1992 29' Excella
Van By The River , Georgia
We Were There Recently

We've taken our '92 Excella Classic to the JC factory twice. The first was to have disc brakes and rock guards installed in 2007. The most recent trip was earlier this week to have a fresh water leak and a roof leak repaired.

I seem to recall the current hourly rate is $106 (don't quote me on that and I hope I'm not creating a problem by posting that number). In general, the work was completely in a timely fashion and a trip to JC is somewhat like a homecoming event. I would go back again. The terraport is a very handy feature that permitted us to arrive the evening prior to service and stay the evening after the service was completed.

In both cases we decided to have the work done in JC after local dealers 1) failed to fix the problem (local non-Airstream dealer attempted to fix the roof leak) or 2) acted like we had two heads (when we inquired at the local Airstream dealer to have disc brakes installed).

I wish we lived closer to a long-standing dealer such as Inland RV or one of the many others that have lots of history with Airstreams. Since none of them are very close it's just as easy to drive to JC.

Lucius and Danielle
1992 29' Excella Classic
1996 GMC Suburban C2500 7.4L
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Most repairs, modifications, and remodels are done at Bob's house.

Hi, I would love to tour the Airstream factory and hopefully never have to have major repairs done there or anywhere else for that matter. I feel very fortunate that I live only a few miles from G&C Trailer Service [Rod & Darlene] and within an hours drive to Inland [Andy] or Area 63. [Uwe]

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #17
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I wanna be in California!!!!!!!

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
2009 34' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
Hey all I dropped the 34' Classic Excella off yesterday. I camped overnight in the Terraport and loved meeting Chris at the factory.

nautiqueman is offline   Reply With Quote