Old 06-17-2016, 08:20 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member
2016 22' Sport
Grays , Illinois
I bought a new 2016 22 fb sport. I have been more to the dealer then camping so far. Most of the problems were cosmetic until the water heater went out. Before a bought it I was told that the baseball size hole in the bathroom wall was because at the factory they sucked it in with the rivets. Also, they said that the factory is putting them out so fast they did not glue the veneer properly and that is why it is bubbling. Even went through the factory tour before making my decision. Sad I wasted my money. Then to have to put up with the service telling me that your I am not there only customer. I am not talented to do my own repairs, so I am worried about when the warrenty runs out and thinking maybe I should sell it. So SAD.

Free bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:34 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member
2012 31' Classic
New Port Richey , Florida
Originally Posted by kcox4434 View Post
We have a brand new 2016 International Serenity and have had our share of "issues":

-front door doesn’t seal correctly (after being adjusted three times)
-sensor switch on the furnace was bad
-almost every LED light has burned out
-stereo speaker (right side) went out
-vent fan continues to go off when overheated
-rivet not sealed in bedroom which caused a leak
-TV speaker was blown

We are curious, is it just our trailer or do other owners have issues as well?

Also, we have not had the best of luck with the service department at two Airstream dealerships. Does anyone have any recommendations for excellent service-we are currently in Utah and heading west to northern California/Oregon area.

Thank you!

The Russell's
Try going to Vinnie's North Bay Airstream Repair, Santa Rosa CA
He is authorized/certified Airstream warranty service shop. Highly recommended. I wish he was closer to my State of Florida & I would not use anyone else to repair my Classic.

SilverLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:10 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
I also bought my 2015 FC from the Gladstone (Portland) store of Airstream Adventures NW. We have had a couple of issues and been treated very well.

Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 04:35 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Our 2011 30' FC not one issue. Our 2015 30' FC numerous issues on first 10,000 mile trip. Took short 600 mile trip couple of weeks ago, all seems find after numerous trips back to dealer. Leaving on three month trip early July, we shall see what comes up next.

Rapid expansion at AS factory, limited labor force and in my opinion not sufficient training of new hires coupled with suppliers cheapening their product lines all the time are leading to the many issues those of us who buy new trailers are facing.

We were going to trade again our 2015 30' FC on a new 2017 30' Classic but my wife decided that we did not need the hassle of another new AS and all the probable issues.

Bud & Alice (Bud posts)
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2017 30' Classic
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 04:35 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member
2017 23' Flying Cloud
Carlisle , Massachusetts
Too funny, we have a '16 16 Sport and are towing it up to Profile today in NH to get some of the fixes done. Overall our fixes are more minor in nature:

-biggest deal is the whole rear upper shelf unit needs to be replaced because the center divider was put in crooked at the factory causing one of the "garage doors" to lock up and the other to fall out.
-radio needs to be replaced due to bashed pins, this may have been factory or post-factory damage
-aluminum molding around bath needs to be re-glued
-water heater is going over temperature / has bad ground causing it to either leak out of the pressure valve or not to fire at all
-one minor issue underneath the trailer with a misplaced bracket
-really nasty water pump vibration, I think this is just something loose

I don't think this is too bad for something new. Overall it's still WAY higher quality than our last RV which was a Coachmen. After 3 trips the Coachmen was falling apart, unlike at an Airstream dealer no one cares.

Also when you buy new I don't think you can ever expect perfection, that's why I purchased locally; specifically because I wanted to make sure I got good service close to home. Particularly when they are pushing all the trailers out at the start of the season, you are going to take a back seat if you didn't buy there unless you are a really good repeat service customer...

If I buy new again I would be much more careful about selecting the trailer though. The were several on the lot to choose from and I didn't even really think to try everything out prior to purchase.
mattskav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:39 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member
2015 25' Flying Cloud
Long Beach , California
We bought our 2015 new in Feb 2016 and have had very minor issues:

The bathroom sliding door comes out in transit - fixed that with a small dowel to hold it closed (as if it was a screen door).

The door can be difficult to close, but every now and then when the trailer is leveled just so, it's a breeze. We have it on the warranty list, but may not have anything done.

The black and gray tank monitor is not very accurate, but I don't know that there is a fix for that.

The trim pieces on the rear lights started to filiform, but we cleaned it with CorrosionX and it hasn't come back (yet?).

No leaks, no real issues, super happy with our purchase.

I'm sorry to hear that others have not had such good experiences!
Tomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:36 PM   #21
Rivet Master
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
My LED clearance, ID, and marker lights all had moisture in them.
They were all replaced at Jackson Center in September 2014.
They have since gotten moisture in them again and on about half of them some of the LED segments have burned out.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Indianapolis , Indiana
Originally Posted by blkmagikca View Post
kcox4434 - You are about 60 miles from Jackson Center (Airstream Factory Service). Call them (937) 596-6111 and book an appointment.
We highly recommend JC. Have only been there twice but each experience was wonderful. They are great at fixing what slips through the factory.
2016 Classic 30'
2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD
ProPride Hitch
Indianapolis, IN
SusanFleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:02 PM   #23
I miss NOT knowing things
2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Smile Our warranty issues on 2015 23' FC FB

2015 23’ FC FB purchased November 2015
from Airstream Adventures NW, Gladstone, Oregon
warranty issues 17 February through 30 June 2016

Screen door sticks.
Screen door adjusted by Sky River RV, Paso Robles, CA.

Stove igniter unreliable.
Igniters adjusted by Sky River RV, Paso Robles, CA

Propane tanks rusting and paint peeling.
Tanks replaced by Airstream

Shower door bottom sweep torn.
Airstream supplied part. Owner installed.

Window in bath entrance door is tilted 3/16” top to
bottom. Owner will live with it.

Tank monitors inaccurate.
We have been advised that the monitors are problematic.

Drapes at front window do not provide privacy - velcro wrong configuration.
Owner resolved with double sided velcro.

Aluminum debris left in cook top exhaust fan duct during manufacture. Owner removed.

Lug nut aluminum caps split.
Replaced with steel capped lug nuts.
Airstream reimbursed.

Dometic refrigerator fan inoperative. Unable to maintain low temp.
Owner repaired connector to fan

Dometic refrigerator fan on/off switch missing.
Fan kit sent to owner at Ajo, AZ by Airstream
Adventures NW. Owner installed.

Wire racks in slide out cabinet tumbled loose spilling contents and breaking containers
Owner secured with plastic wire ties.

Dometic refrigerator would not ignite on propane.
Professional Camper Care, Cortez, CO adjusted.
Dometic reimbursed $$.

Propane regulator empty/full indicator faulty. Ran out of propane.
Regulator replaced by Sky River RV, Paso Robles, CA

Batteries would not maintain a charge. Dead cell in both batteries.
Batteries replaced at Interstate Battery Company
Airstream Adventures NW covered replacement cost
under warranty.

Fantastic Fans failed (both units within 5 minutes)
Diagnosed by FF. Rain sensors?. Unresolved.
Diagnosed by Sky River. Motor/fan? Unresolved
Airstream Adventures installed motor/fan. Unresolved
Diagnosed by Airstream Adventures NW.
Circuit board assembly & lift motors. Owner installed.
Unable to flush-out black water tank.
Repaired by Sky River RV

USB ports at sound system failed.
Airstream supplied replacement ports. Owner installed.

Connections at the stereo speakers can be soldered to improve reliability. One of our connections was loose.

The cooktop exhaust fan in our FC has also tripped the over temp thermostat. May be a designed in safety aspect of the cooktop????

Nearly all of these warranty issues were resolved in a timely manner considering the remoteness of our travels.

The Fantastic Fans were inoperable for fifty days due to inadequate diagnostics and parts ordering/shipment delays..

Overall we are very happy with the Airstream but recommended to Airstream that they and the Airstream vendors tighten up the QC process and PDI.

I believe that as multiple vendors put together any product today that we can expect warranty issues.

Advise the factory when you have problems so QC might be improved.

Our 2016 Chev truck (built by robots) has required NO warranty repairs. Add gas, change the oil, and all is well with it. Maybe robots will build Airstreams in the future.
Robere & Jacqueline
with pups Ella (the miniature poodle)
and Tibet (the Lhasa Apso)
2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
2016 Chev Silverado LT Crew
Robere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:36 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member
2017 30' Classic
NorCal , California
Originally Posted by Backroads58 View Post
That's terrible ! You save and spend your hard earned cash and believe you are purchasing a superior product and all the gremlins come out...Totally not acceptable! A factory rep should be notified either by you or the dealer. two cents worth.
Totally agree, If you claim to be the best than you better prove it every day (just as the company I work for does)...I'm not getting any warm and fuzzy's about our new AS being delivered in the next few weeks...Not going ballistic just yet, but freaking worried could have made a huge mistake
OSIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:38 AM   #25
Rivet Slave
2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Best thing to do is to take the pre-delivery walk-through very seriously. It is most definitely *not* a quick courtesy walkthrough just to get an overview of everything. Plan to spend some quality time, and bring your best Columbo routine.

Here's our plan should we ever buy another new Airstream, or any RV:
Rocinante is our 2014 International Signature 27FB
(Named for John Steinbeck's camper from "Travels With Charley")

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:00 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Sandy , Utah
Boy I feel blessed! 15 months and 8000 miles into it and the only non self inflicted problems have been an incorrectly installed rivet and the switch for the stove top fan/light. I think I will just leave the rivet alone. I asked them to mail me the switch and installed in about 5 minutes.

rocco52 is offline   Reply With Quote