Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-10-2015, 09:31 PM   #1

2015 27' FB International
Portland , Oregon
Installing new window where none existed.

What if I wanted to install a window in the bathroom of my 27' 2014 International? Doable, if done right? Or, really bad idea, forget about it! Anyone with experience, reference, youtube vid referral, etc. greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Jefestream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefestream View Post
What if I wanted to install a window in the bathroom of my 27' 2014 International? Doable, if done right? Or, really bad idea, forget about it! Anyone with experience, reference, youtube vid referral, etc. greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Adding additional windows, in several different places is not difficult.

However, never, ever, cut a main bow.

You can add a opening window, or a fixed window of various sizes.

The installation is simple, provided that either buck rivets or Olympic rivets are used along with adequate sealing with Vulkem sealer.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:00 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Um... I'm curious. Why would you want one? And where would you put it so that you didn't have to worry about putting on a show by accident if the curtain or blind were open. More natural light?

What I'd really like to do is replace the vent with a Fantastic fan - with remote control - or an ON switch activated by pressure on the seat of the toilet. Natural light AND improved ventilation, with less noise than those darned ceiling fans Airstream uses.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Um... I'm curious. Why would you want one? And where would you put it so that you didn't have to worry about putting on a show by accident if the curtain or blind were open. More natural light?

What I'd really like to do is replace the vent with a Fantastic fan - with remote control - or an ON switch activated by pressure on the seat of the toilet. Natural light AND improved ventilation, with less noise than those darned ceiling fans Airstream uses.
Toilet seat pressure would be a nice thing to have.

However, what would happen when the coach hits bumps?

But, a switch placed near the toilet, would solve that issue.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:29 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
WhereIam , Left Coast Proud
I've always thought a cute little porthole window in the shower would be amusing. One that would allow you to see out, but not let others see in. We have a window in our bathroom, there are horizontal 1in wooden blinds on it. Blinds are great because they allow fresh air in, but no one can see inside. I like all the windows we have, but I often wish I had more walls to hang things on to decorate.
3wd67rg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:00 AM   #6
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
We added a vista view in the wet room (as well as another 4 vista views and 4 sliders to the main body), plus a porthole in the interior door. Both let a nice amount of light in, obviously no extra airflow though.

Photo from during the rebuild....

martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
WhereIam , Left Coast Proud
I meant a shower porthole window to the 'outside'. Because of how high up it would be, no one could see in. But that is cute!
3wd67rg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:27 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1969 18' Caravel
Northwest , Missouri
Be sure not to cut through any plumbing vents, or wiring, especially if your hooked up to electric. I'd like a window above the stool, since that corner of the trailer has no opening screened windows, it would help to get some air moving.
OldVwHunters is offline   Reply With Quote