Old 07-12-2016, 12:08 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
1973 31' Sovereign
Mount Angel , Oregon
Ah! I am so sorry! It is like loosing a very good friend. I sincerely hope that you get what you want out of this situation. Keep us updated to the outcome. I am interested.

duncans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:13 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
1977 Argosy 28
Euless , Texas
You might contact either or both of the repair people noted and see if they can give you "prior to accident" values to present to the insurance company as they will no doubt low ball you on value. Every time a trailer similar to mine is listed in the classifieds I print it and save it as a reference in case I need to argue insurance value someday.

rvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #17
2006 19' International CCD
Denville , New Jersey
I am so sorry, it stinks. Was it a merge type situation in NJ? I just recently had a. Conversation that people do not know the definition of merge. We almost got wiped out on 80 East in PA today, some guy driving like a bull out of a shoot, no regard to us coming up along side with no place for us to go, he had a merge.

Moving my tense shoulders to safety spot does not move the entire rig to safety.
2006 Bambi CCD ("EireStream!!")
2010 Funfinder
2005 T@B
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:06 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member
1958 18' "Footer"
Idyllwild , California
Hopefully you are in this one "right" but also hopefully she had enough insurance to cover it!
The truck will be hard to replace so I think you would be best to start with your insurance company, bummer! but they may be of great help here.
Now for the Airstream...sounds like you found a great platform to start with so this really sucks! while it may be repairable not sure if I would entertain that...would you have started with this project if it was in this condition to start with?
I am nearing the end of my project and I know I looked for the right one before I poured my "blood, sweat & tears" into it.
Best of luck with the ending to this new saga!
1958 California Built 18' #18-4092
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:46 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member
1973 31' Sovereign
Middletown , California
Let her insurance company try to find you an equal or better replacement, your time has value. Also, every thing can be fixed on an Airstream, if it comes down to that because they can't find one for you. Having a full monty paid for by an insurance company isn't a bad thing.

ijustlee is offline   Reply With Quote