Old 04-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
At a recent Airsteam seminar for men only we were shown how to lock the shower door so that it couldn't be opened from the inside. We were assured that this would give us at least an hour of free time to roam around the park and talk without being disturbed. We were also told that this was at most a feature that could be only used once twice at best so we should select the time to use it wisely. No fun when you are the one locked in.

Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #58
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
At a recent Airsteam seminar for men only we were shown how to lock the shower door so that it couldn't be opened from the inside. We were assured that this would give us at least an hour of free time to roam around the park and talk without being disturbed. We were also told that this was at most a feature that could be only used once twice at best so we should select the time to use it wisely. No fun when you are the one locked in.
At a recent Airstream seminar for women only, we were taught how to pick any type of lock.

We were also taught how to disable the engine in a tow vehicle to give us more free time shopping without the "hurry-up, are we done yet" pressure.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:29 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Jenny,
I suffered damage from a brake spring/bearing/drum failure which lead to a blowout and destruction of both outer as well as inner fender wells. This was on what probably are the original for '86 brake backing plates. I drove to Jackson Center a couple weeks before Christmas '07 and entered the Terraport with 6" of snow on the ground. It got a few inches deeper that Saturday night. Factory personnel were at the trailer by 7:15 a.m. Monday morning and finished by 3 p.m. or so. I couldn't have been happier. They even found an unopened box of doggy treats from the previous owner where the box had fallen off the under sink shelf and rested against the inner fender well. Everyone I met there, front desk personnel/service reps/mechanics/tour guide were the type I would want to have working in a company I owned or operated. Wow, I wish my place of employment worked like a fine swiss watch like I observed. I'm still happy with the work they did and would do it again in a heartbeat to get it right the first time.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Craig this is not an uncommon problem on any trailer of any manufacture. This brake spring does fail at an alarmingly high rate. I inspect all wheels annually, I have inspected and adjusted brakes only to have the spring fail less than 300 miles later. Its something to be aware of and to check. Tire monitors do let you know when the tire fails and does prevent body damage. Had a blowout and was able to get off the road before anyone in the caravan knew I had a problem. Keep safe.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Rick,
I had heard about the spring and adjuster problem but the brakes had been checked and bearings lubed the year before. I guess it was just time. I'm ordering 3 new backing plates, drums, tires and 4 aluminum rims sometime next month to get rid of the other 3 oval magnets/plates. Thanks for the tip.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote