Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-04-2015, 08:23 AM   #1

Austin , Texas
Home Hook-up - Austin Tx : Contractor Tips Wanted

Hi Air Forums!

I am going to use an Airstream to rent in my back-yard, in Austin TX. I have the STR permits, and all that. I'm new to the community and need a little help, starting with plumbing/sewage connection into my main house city line. Does anyone have a contact here in Austin Texas to get a quote from? Or, have you had experience hooking up into a main home? I think I could use a permitted plumber, but would like to find one that has experience in the trailer connections.

This article is a great start: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f459...ons-47242.html

Can somebody add the the knowledge bank?

Thanks!
chrs_mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
You might as well run the potable water and electric line in the same trench. Sewer on the bottom, then potable water, then electric, with distances as defined by code.

I see a backhoe in your future.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mission , Texas
Depends on where stuff is and how deep.
Pick the spot for the hookup (visualize RV park supreme), find the sewer line, water line and electric - if you're lucky it won't be far, deep or multiple trenches. Do the work to code, or hire contractors.
We plan on a concrete pad, carport roof (also in TX - hot), and a shed for overflow.
nrgtrakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:40 PM   #4

Austin , Texas
Thank you for the replies! I didn't think of the carport cover, and kinda considered placing the trailer on the ground...not a concrete slab. The concrete slab would be a great way to keep her level I guess. Is there another way to keep a trailer level that would not require this?
chrs_mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:05 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mission , Texas
Home Hook-up - Austin Tx : Contractor Tips Wanted

More than just level. It can go on jack stands and the axles can be more easily replaced, the belly defects corrected, new gas lines installed - all with me on a mechanics creeper and not crawling around in mosquito infested plants or losing stuff in the grass or gravel - weight not on the new axles or tires so both last longer, a solid base to place a ladder or scaffolding on to work on top, no lawn mower or weed eater damage.
Or it could be leveled like at an RV park.
nrgtrakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 11:33 PM   #6

1976 31' Sovereign
Austin , Texas
Hi new member!
I am trying to find out exactly the same thing as you! - information or a contractor who can help with water/sewer tap into city of Austin/my home plumbing. I'm going to use my trailer primarily as extra space rather than rental, but otherwise I'm doing the same thing as you.
Have you found out anything else outside of this Forum? A contractor in Austin who knows how to do this?
Thank you. Hope to hear more on this topic....
wandrnotlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:55 AM   #7
gsj
1 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Plumber and Electrician contact

Hi! I know it has been years since the last post on this thread. We're looking for recommendations on a plumber and electrician to help hook up an Airstream to our house sewage, water supply, and electrical. Chrs_mon, have you ever found someone in Austin? Anyone to recommend?
Thank you!
gsj is offline   Reply With Quote