Disney theme, starting a new restore of a 93 Excella 1000 30 footer
Traveling 1200 miles on photos alone is nerve wracking ( no one nearby to take a peakaboo). The photos were worse than the actual trailer, pheww.
Now the work begins on rehabbing the original worn stuff to make my new digs habitable, some insight on what you may need to do refurb one.
1. clean anything you can see, eyuccck, hadn't seen a rag in 18 years.
2. replace all screens, nice light brown bleached out ones ready to vaporize and clean windows of black mold (Florida stream).
3. Replace all cabinate hinges after removing and cleaning oak doors, wow what a difference, reoiled doors with English lemon oil from Home Depot, my favorite candy store.
4. Replace faucet ends with new ones, old plugged by sediment.
5. Tear out all plastic faded belt mouldings and replace with new, big difference especially after cleaning 18 years of crud out of channels.
6. Replace LF jack pad (curled under somehow and rusty).
7. Replace all marker lights with LEDs from WalMart.
8. Reseal all exterior seams with Parbond. Cutting old 1/4 inch sealer from tops of windows was a chore, talk about overkill.
9. Replace bed lifts only to find out old ones ok, mattress must be to heavy or lifts there are wrong ones??? mystery for later
10. Discover floor under bed rotted below right tail light, not lights fault, small area pushed in 1/4 inch for some time above lower moulding, rotted floor 6" by 12", mold smell GAHHH, rest of wood looks good, have to cut out carpet under bad anyway, still had original factory plastic on it.
11. Thank God PO dropped $1600 at dealer in May replacing furnace burner, fridge control module and other assorted stuff, he felt trailer was like new now.
12. Discover tire bald over one foot area, broken belt, rest of tire at 9/32nds (always check all the away around tires) found couple rivets loose above wheel wells, puppy must have been shaking it's patootie off going down the road.
13. Buffed rock guards with plastic cleaner, oh what the heck buff bumper as well, wow I can see the buffer on the ground nice surprise
14. Painted the roof panels with Kool Seal, nice change, after 3 weeks daily non-stop going buggy
, have to site see some to take a break, never been to Naples.
15. Replace bedroom headboard and valance material, almost dust, and gawd what colors they used in 93.
16. Replace screaming shower fan, after cleaning housing, blechhh.
Now what to do about the clear at the tops of the sides, front and back end caps that has degraded (PO left me a Makita palm sander, he was merrily sanding the end cap and started on the right rear side to remove the clear, oh well top of end cap had surprise basket ball dent anyway
Still have to address minor frame rust, wheel well plates rusted through on bottom, like swiss cheese (sand blasted rolling down Florida roads).
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, still have to replace old carpet in front, PO had rear floor done with Bruce wood flooring, a plus. Lordy I'm tired and $1800 poorer.