Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Classic
Cimarron , Colorado
Help with water leaks

From what I have gathered my ownership experience for the last year has pretty much gone without a hitch. On our last outing however we had water entry while driving in the rain. The first time I chalked it up to just very hard blowing rain, but the second time it was just a normal constant rain, nothing very hard. The water seems to be coming in somewhere around the fridge and drips down into the small cabinet below then across the floor. All the bathroom and roof vents were closed with no indication of a leak. There a small amount of water in the exterior fridge compartment but it doesn't seem to me to be the quantity that there is inside. There is no leaking when we're stationary. We've traveled about 12,000 miles and been in the trailer about 60 nights so far and have been is similar weather without issue. As far as I can see there's been nothing that has shifted or moved in the fridge compartment and things look fairly well sealed up.

Anyone else experience this? We are still under warranty, unfortunately the closest dealer is 5 to 6 hrs away.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated because I am baffled.

Thanks,
Bruce
zeke07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
One easy thing to check is the fridge drain line. There should be one, and it should be unobstructed and free of leaks. There's a tray that collects the condensate from the fins inside the fridge, that has the drain line connected to the bottom of it.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Classic
Cimarron , Colorado
Thanks Jammer. Drain line is clear and it's only when driving in the rain that the leaks happens.
Cheers
zeke07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:59 AM   #4

2003 34' Classic S/O
1997 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Clear Lake , Minnesota
Small water leak front side of slide on '34 Classic. Dealer redid top, windows, door. Any suggestions?
Flamingo Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:07 AM   #5
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke07 View Post
From what I have gathered my ownership experience for the last year has pretty much gone without a hitch. On our last outing however we had water entry while driving in the rain. The first time I chalked it up to just very hard blowing rain, but the second time it was just a normal constant rain, nothing very hard. The water seems to be coming in somewhere around the fridge and drips down into the small cabinet below then across the floor. All the bathroom and roof vents were closed with no indication of a leak. There a small amount of water in the exterior fridge compartment but it doesn't seem to me to be the quantity that there is inside. There is no leaking when we're stationary. We've traveled about 12,000 miles and been in the trailer about 60 nights so far and have been is similar weather without issue. As far as I can see there's been nothing that has shifted or moved in the fridge compartment and things look fairly well sealed up.

Anyone else experience this? We are still under warranty, unfortunately the closest dealer is 5 to 6 hrs away.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated because I am baffled.

Thanks,
Bruce
Hi

There's no real guarantee that water comes in near where it comes out. Leveling the trailer may send it someplace very different.

First step is a ladder, a hose and a nice sunny day. Set up nose down a bit and flood various parts of the roof. Then try nose up a bit if that does not reveal anything. Left / right is a possibility, but I doubt it will get that far. Spraying with the hose from the front of the area under test can simulate rain blowing while driving.

Lots of fun !!

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote