Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Fort St John , British Columbia
help!! need Argosy Parts

Greetings to all, I'm new at this and came accross this site while looking for parts for our 77 6m Minuet. I'm not quite sure how to go about this but I'm going to wing it. I desperately need the plastic gliders for the lounge-bed at the end of the aluminum rails for the pull-out system. I live Fort St. John, that is in northeastern British Columbia. It is very hard to find places to get replacement parts and specifically for the Airstream/Argosy line. If you can help me out with this situation I surely would appreciate your help. You can email me at hwuthrich@prn.bc.ca.

Thank you for your help in advance
Kindly, Harry Wuthrich
hwuthrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:18 PM   #2
aluminauti

Where we , Park it!
Hi Harry & welcome to the Forums! As many have said before, you've come to the right place for your questions.

Do you have a picture you can post that shows what part you want to replace or where/how it functions? This would help in figuring out where to direct you. As well, other Minuet/Argosy owners may have run across the same problem & have a solution.

We have a 22' 1975 Argosy - the front gaucho slides out to make a bed; however, we don't have plastic gliders as ours are wood.

Generally, for vintage trailer parts there are several sources: vintagetrailersupply.com has wooden gaucho/bed sliders. inlandrv.com is also a very good source of vintage Airstream/Argosy supplies.

Good luck - this forum is composed of very resourceful people with access to numerous resources!
whitelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Thanks for the nudge. I meant to attach a couple of pics and forgot. Hopefully this works. I am not always a very successful tech operator.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:17 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Hi again, like I said I'm not always very technically successful. If you go to my profile under my photo gallery you will find a couple of pics of the part I am looking for. I would like to purchase a few for these if possible.

Thanks again.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #5
aluminauti

Where we , Park it!
Photos

Hi Harry - the photos don't seem to be in your private profile . . .
whitelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

OK everyone, I'm back on here again and this time I think I did it, I actually uploaded 2 pics on the member's photos page, I think. Go to the "Photos" link at the top of the page and click on "Member's Photos", then click on the "H" and go to page 2 under "hwuthrich". Try it and see if it works for you to take a peek at my wonderful part that I need a few of.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:32 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Argosy and Minuet Parts Available

I hope that this will help you. I purchased the plastic slides about 2 years ago from my local dealer in North Carolina. Out-of-Doors Mart
Phone # 1-866-636-2267. Ben has always been helpful and will ship your order promptly.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:58 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Smile Thanks

Thanks Silverhobby, i'll try that lead tomorrow.

Harry