Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2016, 04:03 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Loma , Colorado
Help Hooking up Converter

I have a older Converter. I need help with the wireing from the Battery to my 110V The battery side. Red wire is Battery poss. The Black is Load Pos. And the Yellow wire is Load Com. And the 110 Side is ,Black wire is 120v, tan is Com. and blue wire is ground. I know where the Positive goes. I need to know where the rest goes. Can someone help. It is a Saf-T-Trail Converter I tried to upload a pic but was unable to.
swenson_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:24 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2003 22' International
South Bend , Indiana
The converter is the go between the dc battery and the 110 v ac system. I would give BestCoverters a call and see if they can help you or may a schematic. 110 v ac and 12 v do don't mix without a transformer / converter.

Typically you have three wires (black, white, green) from converter that go to 110 v ac circuit and two go to the 12 v circuit. The battery itself connects into the 12 v do circuit.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Kemblkr is offline   Reply With Quote