Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Bradenton and Saluda , Florida & North Carolina
Saga Ends

Hi All, well the dealer did come through and ended not charging me for the large awning, including all the labor. I really do appreciate all of your comments: astroboy, jack, marvin and annie, 2air and all of you helped me come to the same conclusion, that it is a little thing really! As you all have stated, replacing a panel is not a good thing, clear coat on top will remove the shine to some extent, and it is on the "other" side of the trailer - Just how much will I see this!

I managed to get home last night and had to drive through several torrential thunder/rain storms. It's amazing how much your perspective changes as you are concentrating on driving safely and making sure you stay away from those who are not! Got home and just plopped it in the drive, and finished backing it in this morning. Rinsed off the road grime, chocked it and didn't even think about the scratch (well maybe a bit!).

So, @#$% happens, life goes on. I really can't thank you enough with all the comments, as I was posting all that with my iphone yesterday! It is a good feeling that when you need a helping hand, the forum is just a click away.

ncbambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Sounds like a good deal in the end If you are happy.

The first big trip I took with my trailer I pulled into a gas station at midnight and forgot I was pulling and hit the post on the way in. Dented my hub caps and put a dent in the AS fender... @#$% does happen....

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2008 28' Safari SE
winter garden , Florida
I have had my 08 28' for 2 months and probably put a 3" scratch in it when I broke the claw bar on the awning. I would gladly trade a scratch for a new awning. Just consider it as not as new as it was and enjoy camping.

bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote