Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2002 25' Classic
Kalama , Washington
heatpump help

We have a '02 Classic 25'. LP heat is fine but none from the heat pump, just air. Other than a clean filter, any advice for troubleshooting? Many thanks.
nwclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwclassic View Post
We have a '02 Classic 25'. LP heat is fine but none from the heat pump, just air. Other than a clean filter, any advice for troubleshooting? Many thanks.
Are you sure that you have a heat pump? Not all roof A?C units are heat pumps. Some have a 'heat strip' which contributes almost nothing in the way of heating a cold trailer.

If you can get me a model number (usually visible when you remove the inside air distribution box) I can look up the number and get you a definitive answer.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:19 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Does it work on cooling?
Old 06-19-2014, 11:22 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2002 25' Classic
Kalama , Washington
heat pump or not

Thanks for responding… The ceiling unit has a Part No. (3106615) and Ser. No.
(14038042). Airstream manual referred only to A/C, but the warrantee listed both A/C and heat pump.
I haven't tried to cool with heat pump selected. Good idea. I'll need to remove the roof cover and clean fins (never had it off) anyway.
The touch pad offers 'heat pump'. Never occurred to me that it might not be installed.
B.
nwclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:27 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwclassic View Post
Thanks for responding… The ceiling unit has a Part No. (3106615) and Ser. No.
(14038042). Airstream manual referred only to A/C, but the warrantee listed both A/C and heat pump.
I haven't tried to cool with heat pump selected. Good idea. I'll need to remove the roof cover and clean fins (never had it off) anyway.
The touch pad offers 'heat pump'. Never occurred to me that it might not be installed.
B.
Doesn't sound like the right model number. For your year trailer, it should be something like 630516.331 or another combination of the same number of digits, but will probably start with the first 3. (630515.321 is another example).

The data label will have a model number, product number and serial number on it. You might have to remove the shroud to see the label, which is usually on the street side of the A/C unit.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote