Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Habeas Corpus for Andy

I'd like to file a writ with the Forums today. Habeas Corpus for Andy R.

Habeas corpus (pronounced /ˌheɪbiːəs ˈkɔrpəs/) (Latin: You (shall) have the body[1]) is a legal action, or writ, through which a person can seek relief from the unlawful detention of him or herself, or of another person. It protects the individual from harming him or herself, or from being harmed by the judicial system. Of English origin, the writ of habeas corpus has historically been an important instrument for the safeguarding of individual freedom against arbitrary state action.
A writ of habeas corpus ad subjiciendum, also known as "The Great Writ", is a summons with the force of a court order addressed to the custodian (such as a prison official) demanding that a prisoner be brought before the court, together with proof of authority, allowing the court to determine whether that custodian has lawful authority to hold that person; if not, the person shall be released from custody. The prisoner, or another person on his behalf (for example, where the prisoner is being held incommunicado), may petition the court or an individual judge for a writ of habeas corpus.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Read

Air Forums Community Rules

Registering and participating at Airforums.com constitutes agreement to abide by the Social Knowledge Network Terms of Service (Social Knowledge is the company that owns this forum). We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without giving prior notice to you.

There is no charge for joining this Forum! This is a community of individuals who share a common interest in Airstream trailers and motorhomes. Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand and above all be nice. If you come across any violations to these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let us know through the Forums Contact Form. We'll be happy to address your concerns. We encourage everyone to participate in and enjoy the Community while at the same time adhering to these rules:

Be Courteous! We aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again. Our underlying philosophy is that the strength of the member relationships we build here is what sets us apart from the other boards - we are friendlier, more civil, more insightful, more mature and more fun.
  • Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
  • Do not post unsubstantiated gossip, libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
  • Harassment, stalking or predatory behavior will not be tolerated.
  • Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track.
  • Do not post the same discussion more than once or in many forums.
  • The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.
  • Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account. Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
  • We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness.
Be Appropriate! Please don't post it here if you wouldn't say it to your grandmother. Posts containing explicit, obscene or vulgar language, images or links to websites with adult content/images or punctuation marks designed to "trick" our obscenity filter will be removed. Discussion of politics and religion is permitted only in association with the topic of this forum.

Be Welcoming! Welcome newcomers to our growing community. Many of our community's members have a wealth of knowledge and much to share. Please help new members learn about how to find information and resources and how to get involved in the Community.

Be Ethical! Many participants have commercial interests associated with the forum topic and bring valuable information and expertise to share. With a few specific exceptions (see registered vendor section), participants may not use the Forum for commercial gain.
  • Participants may not post to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a vendor account has been established and then only in areas here where advertising is expressly permitted. Exception to this may be found in Signature standards (see below).
  • Participants may not use the main Forums to direct others to the advertising Forums.
  • Participants may not send out SPAM via our Private Message system.
  • Members may have only one account. If duplicate accounts are discovered, they will be deleted or merged.
  • Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit.
  • Participants may not bump threads unnecessarily. Bumping is posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot.
Posting standards: Forum members may use standard fonts available on the forum. The standard font size is 2. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting will be removed or modified at our discretion; e.g. all caps or excessive color. E-mail address are not appropriate forum user names.

About the First Amendment, censorship and your "right to free speech": You do indeed have an absolute right to free speech. However this forum is privately owned and requires members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff. If you cannot accept these guidelines we encourage you to contact one of the many good web hosting companies out there to and exercise that right to your heart's content.

Do not post protected / copyrighted content: Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. Copyrighted material includes images and text produced and owned by others. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and distributed. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.

Signature Standards: Signatures must be setup in your profile rather than manually added to your messages. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.
  • Signatures must be kept to a maximum of three lines (including blank lines) and contain no more than two non-commercial links.
  • Signatures may not include email addresses, phone numbers, links to competing websites, prompts to contact or a sales pitch.
  • Signatures must follow our forums posting standards and only one line may be bolded.
  • Premium/supporting members may have 4 signature lines and include an additional link to another non-commercial website.
Classifieds posting rules: Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership. We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
  • Place only one ad per item - do not post or repost an ad in more than one section of the classifieds.
  • Do not place ads directing others to an e-bay or other online sale or directing others to another website.
  • Ads automatically expire after a set period of time and upon expiring may be renewed or reposted.
  • Ads may be removed by our staff at any time for any reason.
  • Only ads for used items are permitted in our classifieds.
Blogs: Blog space is provided as a membership benefit for our members. We reserve the right to remove content that does not conform to our forum rules. Members may edit their own blogs as well as manage comments posted to their blog, by others.

Blogs are not intended for commercial use or advertising or for the sole purpose of linking to another site. If you wish to post a link to your blog or personal website, please use our links library.

Commercial Parties (For-profit companies and Industry professionals): The forum does not discourage nor endorse any commercial entity and is not intended for soliciting business by commercial parties (advertising info). Our purpose is sharing knowledge so others can benefit. Commercial participants must adhere to all the forum policies including these specifically set out for commercial participants.
  • Members who have a commercial interest in participating in our community may be identified as commercial vendors at our discretion. We enforce a very strict policy regarding solicitation of our membership by commercial participants.
  • Commercial vendors may not quote prices in any forum except the Vendors Forum.
  • The use of "call me" tactics will not be tolerated. Commercial vendors may not use the Forum to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest in, including informational pages except as specifically allowed in these policies or by prior arrangements with SK networks.
  • Commercial vendors may not use any section of the forum except the Vendors Forum to discuss their products or services unless answering a direct question and even in this case vendors may not quote prices (unless in Vendors Forums).
  • Commercial vendors may not use the main Forums to direct others to the Vendors Forums.
  • Registered commercial vendors may have up to 3 signature lines including blank lines and one link. The format of this link shall be the vendors business name with an embedded link, font size 2 (see example below) and general location (city and state). Signatures may not include email addresses, phone numbers, prompts to contact or a sales pitch. Statements that promote the business outside of these guidelines will not be permitted. Signatures must follow our forums posting standards and only one line may be bolded. Vendors also registered as Premium/supporting members may add a 4th signature line and include an additional link to a non-commercial website. Signatures found to be out of compliance may be edited by our site staff with no prior notice. Example signature:
Social Knowledge Networks
Dallas, TX
Air # 2

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

Someone has to interpret the above guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it's up to our site administrator to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact us.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Old 08-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
What's that all about?

Gene
Old 08-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
I'm with Gene, I don't understand?
Old 08-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Maybe someone tapped into the "Where do you keep your wine" thread a bit too much.....

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 08-29-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
That would be margaritas....

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayL82 View Post
Maybe someone tapped into the "Where do you keep your wine" thread a bit too much.....

I misread the OP and thought it was about a suspension not AndyR. I will go back to my margaritas now

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Old 08-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I think Rodney read it right originally, but only know that because Rodney and I have been trying to figure it out. It's a request for a writ from the Forum to free Inland Andy from his suspension. But only Andy R can free Inland Andy and he sentenced him, so it went to the wrong "judge". Writ dismissed, life goes on.

Gene
Old 08-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray View Post
I misread the OP and thought it was about a suspension not AndyR. I will go back to my margaritas now
You thought it was about Inland Andy's suspension and it was: wasn't it?
Old 08-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Me too Gen. Got my Andys mixed up. Course the habeus is greek to me. It has demonstrated that no one is exempt from the forum rules, however. I was rather surprised.

photography
Old 08-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
It was a joke for whatever sake

Lighten up!!

All the posts today that preceded my poor attempt at a grin were requests for help.....unanswered. The last one for axle info got a laugh from a friend and he mentioned that Andy (Andy "Inland" was on the S--t list here and could not respond.) We have no clue as to why he's restricted now and were just joking with the forum members that do know.....or oblivious.

No offense to anyone even slightly intended.

I like the margarita suggestion best.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
I'd like to file a writ with the Forums today. Habeas Corpus for Andy R.

Habeas corpus (pronounced /ˌheɪbiːəs ˈkɔrpəs/) (Latin: You (shall) have the body[1]) is a legal action, or writ, through which a person can seek relief from the unlawful detention of him or herself, or of another person. It protects the individual from harming him or herself, or from being harmed by the judicial system. Of English origin, the writ of habeas corpus has historically been an important instrument for the safeguarding of individual freedom against arbitrary state action.
A writ of habeas corpus ad subjiciendum, also known as "The Great Writ", is a summons with the force of a court order addressed to the custodian (such as a prison official) demanding that a prisoner be brought before the court, together with proof of authority, allowing the court to determine whether that custodian has lawful authority to hold that person; if not, the person shall be released from custody. The prisoner, or another person on his behalf (for example, where the prisoner is being held incommunicado), may petition the court or an individual judge for a writ of habeas corpus.

Hi, I'm lost; I thought jokes ended with.....: lol:
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 08-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #12

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Course the habeus is greek to me.

Actually it would be Latin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Old 08-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Nonetheless, it was a wonderful opportunity for me to bone up on the Community Rules.
WDCU
Old 08-29-2009, 07:40 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, I'm lost; I thought jokes ended with.....: lol:

More wit ( intellectual humor) than joke therfore no need for all the laughing faces. Anyway when you have to be told it's humor or when to laugh how funny could it be?
Old 08-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Could be worse

Could be worse. Inland Andy could be in the clutches of the WBCCI Ethics and Discipline Committee like the unfortunate young lady in this link. . .

Intentional or Accidental?

(Either that or maybe Carol inadvertently posted a photo of the Rivettes secret initiation ceremony. . . )

Nothing to see here, folks. . . everbody back to your Margaritas. . .
Old 08-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
***** Anyway when you have to be told it's humor or when to laugh how funny could it be?
I spend a lot of time explaining my jokes, and I still think they're funny.

Ken
Old 08-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Andy R got suspended? It's about time. That guy, not Inland Andy. The other Andy. I think it's Andy R but then again the other Andy is Andy R too. Is always causing trouble!

Hey Is Andy the same guy as the other Andy? Let's just suspend them both so we know we got the right one. Assuming they aren't the same one. Well if they are the same one we'd have to suspend them both to suspend one of them. Right?

Oh, forget it. I don't care what you do. I'm gonna go have a beer.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Lets give Andy....a new name

You pick either one. Nome de plume for the Forums...."Amos". Now we can keep 'em straight.

O.K. here are the smiley faces for those that need 'em.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
When did all this begin with Inland Andy.
what happened??
How did I miss this?
Corresponding Secretary Piedmont NC Unit 161,
1967 Overlander International.
1979 Avion 30ft rear bath
TV's 88 Chevy Suburban 454, 3:42, TH400
95 Cadillac FW Brougham, LT1,3:42, 7k tow pk.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwanabe View Post
When did all this begin with Inland Andy.
what happened??
How did I miss this?
I'm sorry but that subject was closed after the first explanation was made. This is the final word to your question - http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...ndy-55028.html

Think we can keep this thread on the light end like Melody Ranch's original posting?

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Closed Thread