Old 01-07-2016, 09:56 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Apple Valley , California
I feel your pain. The jackass who parks directly across backed into my rockguard. No proof, of course, but the attached ladder on his gigantic motor home lines up perfectly to the dent. Upon confrontation, he denies any culpability (of course). I removed the guard and pounded out the dent with a rubber mallet. My wife thinks it is not noticeable, but guess where my eyes go when I walk up to the front of my AS? Grrrrr indeed.

did is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:01 AM   #16
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
Anyone can have an accident, but not living up to it sucks. Hope you get it figured out.

1984 Avion 30p 9.1 meter. 2006 Dodge 3500 cummins srw short bed crew cab.
avionstream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:35 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Sorry to hear this happened Joe. Whether they know they did it or not, is there anything that can be done to avoid having it happen again?

I actually have a boat parked next to where I park our AS in our gated storage area, and I was a little concerned about it at first, but so far I am just being careful to park as far over as I can (no one on the other side), and the boat hasn't been moved in a very long time.
SeaLevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:23 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
Sorry this happened!

When the neighbor returns his trailer to storage it will be easy to see if he made contact with you if he hit your trailer's tongue.

Be prepared, get the police report! Ask the police to follow up on the neighbor. Should be easy.
2014 Silverado 1500 5.3L maximum trailering package (yes, I'm towing the 34')
A W Warn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:33 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
You might try checking with some dealers who have replaced covers with much less damage under a full insurance covered incident and have one or more sitting around.

Bud & Alice (Bud posts)
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2017 30' Classic
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
It would still cost money but...

How about buying two Worthington ALUMINUM tanks and polishing them to a high shine, then going NEKKID? 30 lb. aluminum tanks are $180 at vintage trailer supply.

Many restorers do this and the shiny tanks are a positive focal point on their rigs.

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:41 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
FOLLOW UP: Today I remover the cover & took it to a local metal fabrication shop. The owner happens to love Airstreams and took a serious interest in repairing it. After a few minutes he concluded that he could realign the cover so as it will close & lock and flatten out the dent/crease but it would be visible. After further thought we decided to do that and cover the area with diamond plate and opposite the damaged area add another matching patch of diamond plate so as the cover looks like the diamond plate belongs there.

Upon further inquiry from JC Airstream Store, I learned they do sell direct to customers but I would have to pick it up otherwise buy it from a dealer, there price is $539 plus tax, the dealer price is unknown as of now, but its mute anyway at this point.

Venice, FL
2016 FC 25RTB
2016 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote