Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-13-2004, 09:23 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
Getting Ready to Purchase

In looking for information on A/S's I stumbled onto this forum. What a great wealth of ideas.
My wife and I have been avid campers since we met 16 years ago. From Tents to Trilliums, finally to a 17.5 ft Bigfoot fiberglass trailer. We bought it new after a long painful search for a "good" used trailer. It has done us very well but after much persuasion my wife relented to let me sell her "home' and look at a 19ft Bambi.
We had to travel to south Washington State as there are only two dealers close to us in Canada, and neither one had one. Well, sufice to say that after seeing it we can hardly wait. I'm sure my Sonoma will have enough power. I am going to drop two tire sizes for summer towing, and leave my winter driving to a regular set of snow tires.
I'm sure that I will have lots of questions in the future and I know where to look now.
The Bambi I hope to order wth the LS package , one extra fantastic fan (one is included with the LS package I believe) and the range Cover. Any other sugestions as I don't want to be wrong on this order? Has any one seen the Can/US exchange rate lately? Thanks for letting me join your forum. If we weren't convinced before, we are now.
gandttimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:37 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Welcome!

G&TMTrails,

Welcome to the forums. British Columbia and a Bambi sound like a perfect fit. So many out-of-the-way campsites to explore! So beautiful. Can't wait to get up tp B.C. next summer.

The Fantastic Fans are great. So are awnings on all windows. The wait for your Bambi can be crushing but when you get her, post a pic!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 07:52 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
See you in B.C.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:55 AM   #4

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by G&TMTrails
Any other sugestions as I don't want to be wrong on this order?
I'm a big believer in having a spare tire carrier and tire. Awnings all around are a plus.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:45 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Thanks, I've had one on my last trailer and never used it in seven years, but......
Old 09-16-2004, 12:02 PM   #6

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Thanks, I've had one on my last trailer and never used it in seven years, but......
Well I have only had to use a spare once in 25 years of towing but you know what happens when you don't have one available....I consider it insurance.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:51 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Welcome to the forums! We bought our 19'Bambi CCD from a wonderful AS dealer in Eugene Oregon and they were a pleasure to deal with, honest and straightforward. Just negotiate a "bottom line" price to include all expenses so there are no "surprise dealer fees" in the end, and you will come out ahead especially if they know your shopping around. I learned all this the hard way but this purchase was well worth the drive from San Diego!

Our Bambi has the awning package which is a neet option, and solar which will be good for the sunny southwest, but in the north probably not something you'll need. We have the the audio upgrade with satellite radio and when we can get this to work (dealer advising us here) we think it'll be great for remote locations. We are installing the LCD TV, but audio upgrade a must IMO. We camped for 10 days and all systems work great and pulled easily behind our Tundra. We have an "Equalizer" brand hitch which worked perfectly however many choices and opinions reguarding this in forum so happy searching and reading!

Good luck and post when you make your choice

Barbara
Rhodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 11:25 AM   #8
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Barbara is right - drive a little further south to Eugene OR to Sutton RV. They have a web site www.gmsrv.com and a number of A/S on their lot including some 04's

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:48 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Smile

Thanks for all the advice. I actually had contacted the dealer in Eugene, and you are right. Super to deal with. Don't need the satelite radio, and will pass for now on the solar system. We will however get the LS upgrade package. We have settled on everything except the interior colour. Trying to decide between dark countertops or light. Not too heavy an issue. At least it's nice to know about the "reputable " dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Barbara is right - drive a little further south to Eugene OR to Sutton RV. They have a web site www.gmsrv.com and a number of A/S on their lot including some 04's
Old 10-05-2004, 04:22 PM   #10
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
We have settled on everything except the interior colour. Trying to decide between dark countertops or light. Not too heavy an issue.

Light countertops will give you a more open, airy feel. The dark color will give more of a "classic" feel to the interior. If I was buying a new one, I would probably get the lighter color, but that is just a personal preferance.
Terry