Old 05-14-2016, 08:53 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Louisville , Kentucky
Funace will not relight

I have a 2016 FC 25'FB Twin. On its maiden voyage, I had a problem with the furnace reigniting and the problem is back. When I turned on the furnace for the first time, it started right up and brought the room up to temperature. After about 10 minutes, the blower came on again but there was no heat. It just continued to blow cold air and the blower will not shut off.

I tried it again today and the same thing happened. It started just fine but when it came on the second time there is no heat. I turned the system completely off and after the blower stopped, I turned it on again but the furnace is not lighting. Yes, the propane is turned on and the thermostat is set well above interior temperature.

Any ideas?

Candominium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:07 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Louisville , Kentucky
After closer inspection, the fan turns on about 2-3 minutes after shutting off at the end of a normal cycle. Apparently, the system is not trying to restart the burner since it thinks it is still in the shut down phase. I could not get a response from Airstream so I called Atwood. They said the circuit board may be wet or has corroded and needs to be replaced. Atwood asked me to open the furnace cover and check the circuit board. When I opened it, I found an unused rivet lying across the circuit board obviously creating a short. So far, the system seems to be working correctly.

Candominium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:45 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
You aren't the first person who found a rivet tail in a furnace and it caused issues. I had a rivet tail sucked into the fan blade --- and it snapped off about 2/3 of the fan blades. This necessitated blade replacement. Fortunately, my dealer had one in stock and I could repair it without removing the furnace. Which would have required removing a cabinet for access!
"SilverLeaf II" 2015 30' Classic
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 CC w/6.7L Cummins
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:09 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
The fan runs a while after furnace is off - I think it is a safety measure to clear any carbon monoxide or what have you?

I too had some aluminum scraps suck in and destroy the fan blades - easy to replace on my own after Atwood sent me a new one no charge if I recall
“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote