Old 10-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #15
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
I can reach it. I haven't tried to unscrew it yet, as the tank is full of water and we're boondocking at the moment. We're planning to head down to a KOA on Monday, and I can drain the tank then.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:34 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
I guess my previous attempt to recalibrate the black water tank has screwed up my fresh water and probably the grey water now. I tried to get into the mode to recalibrate a single tank but the damn panel doesn't seem to respond the way its stated in the instructions. Since the black and grey are probably screwed up it went ahead and calibrated the fresh. I emptied the fresh water then put about 3 to 4 gallon in for the empty tank setting. The got it in the full tank setting and filled it up until water came out of the fill tube. After completing the calibration procedure I started to drain the 39gallon freshwater tank. I set the fresh water in permanent monitor mode and notice after a few minutes the green LEDs started to turn off. I know it takes a long time to drain the tank and when the fresh water monitor was down to the empty LED the water was still coming out the drain at more powerful stream than when it does close to empty. 30 minutes later it was still draining. I had the trailer on shore power so maybe I should just be on battery.

The instructions for putting one tank in calibration mode doesn't seem to work on my Micropulse. I wonder if an Airstream dealer can reset these damn panels like they do at the Airstream factory.

I'll have to call Catcon and see if they can help.

Kelvin

Old 10-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #17
one of those

2011 27 FB International
Catcon said they'd send me a new sensor. Two weeks ago. No sensor. No replies.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Any news about your sensor. I can't seem to find my freshwater sensor. There is an opening in the floor where the water fill pipe comes into the tank. I can put my arm down into the hole almost to my elbow. I can feel what must be the water pick up. There is a wad of monitor wires down there so I pulled them out carefully. The monitor wire for the black tank is black, grey for the grey tank and beige for the freshwater. I followed the beige wire down but can't seem to find the sensor. It mush be at the other end of the tank and not next to the water pickup and I can't get to it.

The reason I'm trying to located it is I calibrated my tanks last weekend. I used some of the freshwater and the monitor indicated at 5/8 full. To prepared for a weekend trip I was able to put in about 12 gallons and the monitor showed full. Then I drove to a campground and after getting set up turned on the monitor and the fresh water shows empty even though the tank is full.

After using some of the fresh water the black and grey tanks are still showing empty so it looks like all my tanks are screwed up. I guess I'll try to recalibrate again. If that fails I'll give up on the monitor panel and never turn it on again.

Kelvin
Old 07-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #19
one of those

2011 27 FB International
Hello a long time later. We left and went back to the islands for the winter. Lots of changes since then, but I'm now back in the USA and back in the trailer as of last night. To give credit where due, Catcom did send me a replacement sensor. I just have not had access to the trailer since then, as I live in another country entirely. Actually, now I'll be living in either an Airstream or a sailboat, but..

I see that I thought I had my hand on the sensor last October, but for some reason I'm not finding it today. Has anyone else removed the fresh water tank sensor on a 27FB?
Old 07-12-2015, 01:05 PM   #20
one of those

2011 27 FB International
okay this is an addition, for anyone looking to replace or check connection on the fresh water tank sensor on a 27FB. You CAN reach it from inside the trailer. I just replaced mine.

Best done with left hand. Open the door under the fridge, and remove the two screws holding the white back panel. You can wiggle this upwards to give you room to operate.

Find the bundle of three of the flat telephone company wires. There is a set of connectors in my trailer, with three of these telephone cables. One is black, one is gray, and one is light beige. They correspond to the black, gray, and fresh water tanks. Check these connectors before going any further. You might find a solution here.

If that's not it, lie on your right side on the floor, and run your left hand down the beige cable until you feel the sensor. It's right next to the two low system fresh water drains, by the way. Just inboard. Mine has a rubber dust cap over the end. This pulls off, and I was able to unscrew the sensor without tools. I put the new sensor in, reconnected the cable, and slid the dust cap back over the sensor. I dabbed some silicone sealant on it where the cable comes through.

It was really that easy. Ten minute job.