Old 07-11-2003, 08:51 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
I have been using some "Hecho en Mexico" paper from the el cheapo section of our supermarket.
That cracked me up!!!

I guess it just caught me off guard ~ or I've had one too many Margaritas tonight while polishing!

InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 09:36 PM   #16
Rivet Master
paper test

Dr Boyd,

I, too, was an staunch supporter of RV toilet paper. This last January in Quartzite, friends we wer with gave me a ration..... for using RV potty paper.
He said, "give me 2 containers, add water, add 5 or so sheets of my FAVOURITE rv paper. Then he took 5 sheets of his favourite grocerystore bought toilet paper, gave them both a good shake, let stand for 5 minutes, and PRESTO. We could not tell the difference. Both containers water-soaked toilet paper had disintegrated evenly.
So, in our new '67 Globetrotter as well as our SOB motorhome, we use regular cheap run of the mill King Soopers(Kroeger) store brand paper. No more hyperventilating when we are out of Camping World's finest.

Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 09:39 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
Crack's me up too Shari.............

We're talkin' about TP here!!!!!!!! Trust me here folks, I've been in a trailer (AS or SOB) for near 40 yrs. In all my years, nothing has been used in the "potty room" but good old off the shelf "potty paper"! Think about it, if you have a septic tank at your home, do you run right out and buy RV paper? DUH!!!!!! Give it up, RV paper is a gimmick to get your bucks. LOL

Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 10:23 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Funny thing is...this isn't the first time this topic has come up!

Is Scott's Okay?

InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 08:49 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

$10,000 airstream trailer
$37,000 tow vehicle
$6 black tank chemicals
$1 roll rv t/p
not having to drip dry priceless!
remark83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 09:01 AM   #20
Rivet Master
Yorkshire , England

Hi All...
Talkin abt a load of POO...
...Many years ago, when my D/D was around 7 years of age, she came into the bathroom, whilst I was having a shave...Daddy she said..Where does POO come from, now 4a split second there I thought she was goin 2 say babies...However !!!...I told her that when we eat our food it digests in the tummy, and it passes through the digestive system inside of us, all the nice yum, yums get used up, and the waste parts come out of our bottoms....O K she said, throwing her TEDDY onto the floor...what abt PIGLET and TIGGER....
I fink I got it Rong agn !!! ...Chris.....
It's NICE 2B Important...but it's more Important 2B NICE...Chris.....
canny_banjo_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 07:54 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member
Seems like the discussion quickly focused on toilet paper. When I saw the question, I immediately went another way. I've watched a large number of folks try to make the generic parts fit all. When you need the right part, only it will work. I use a bunch of generic parts, but the best advice is to have the old one in hand when you buy the new one. Check the hole pattern, clearances and electrical connections before you invest. Many places will not return items and distance of return is always a problem in the RV business. And spares - I believe in spares. When you find the right small item, like cabinet locks, but a bunch. You know they are going to fail as far from the reliable source as you can drive. And for toilet paper, buy what you want - one water heater swap on the road will cost you more than all of the toilet paper you can use in many years of RVing. Have fun
CO_Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:29 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Thanks, CO Don, for getting us back on track!

The original discussion thought kinda got "wiped out" and we got "wedged into the crack" of talking about TP.

So to speak

But your thoughts are right where I was originally going... thanks!

drboyd is offline   Reply With Quote