I have spent a good deal of time reading the posts about the corrosion issue. However, with this subject spanning years and thousands of posts, I was hoping for some clear, concise info.
In the most recent thread about corrosion on new trailers, the following is posted:
"Anyone with a new trailer should apply corrosion protection products as soon as it comes home and follow regularly according to environmental conditions to keep your Airstream looking good."
I am picking up our 2014 FC around the end of April and would like to know ahead of time how to prepare for this.
A purchase of the following seems in order...
1. Dawn Soap for regular washing (right?) Anyone ever wash at a car/truck wash?
2. Corrosion X (spray? gel?) to be applied to seams, rivets, edges and taillights. (Even if no corrosion is found?)
3. Clearcoat... (Apply after the corrosion X? Or when?) And a Clearcoat pen. Where does one buy this? What brand is it?
4. Boeshield T9 applied to underside, but how often?
5. Any other tools that are required to apply any of these products?
Thanks so much, I hate to repeat info on other threads, but for us newbies sometimes all the info gets a little overwhelming. Hopefully a literal 'play-by-play' will help more than just myself.
30 days and counting til "she" gets here!