Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #21
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Just so you know, this is what happens when you click the link you provided:

>>>you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.<<<

Terry,

That's exactly the point.

Remember when JC started the "Town Hall" thread? That was the link I posted .....The stated goal of the thread was to get feed back from their customers. Well the kitchen got too hot and the thread didn't get locked, it got removed.
A lot of good reference information is no longer available.

The powers that be will allow the praise and chastise or remove what doesn't meet...never mind.

Bob
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 06:17 PM   #22
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
The powers that be will allow the praise and chastise or remove what doesn't meet...never mind.
Too many people have trouble telling the difference between constructive criticism and flat-out bad-mouthing. Otherwise we wouldn't need moderators.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:07 AM   #23
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Too many people have trouble telling the difference between constructive criticism and flat-out bad-mouthing. Otherwise we wouldn't need moderators.
How true, how very true.

Free speech is nice, usually.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:22 AM   #24
"Sassyfras"

1994 30' Excella
Winston-Salem , North Carolina
The guys at Out of Doors Mart near Greensboro, NC do all of the work on my '94 Excella 1000 Classic. I agree on the comments about the service and parts managers, very professional and helpful. Always take time to carefully listen so that their responses are accurate when quoting. Wouldn't take my trailer anywhere else ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 11-29-2014, 06:58 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Matthews , North Carolina
We had a great experience with the folks at CanAm: purchased our Airstream from CanAm, had their hitch system installed on the TV and a few hard to find options J

Even though we arrived late in the evening, AndyT met us to say hello and to make sure things were okay. We spent 2 nights in our trailer on the premises and then got Airstream ground school the following day while the hitch was being installed.

Everyone was very accommodating and professional.
daboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:44 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
I thought to give this thread a bump. From what I have read, Lewster from AM solar is the go to person for installation and advice on batteries and solar power. Anyone else have good experiences with vendors please post. Positive input not only helps us, but them as well.
streaminwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:17 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
I eat more at Cracker Barrel because they are so RV friendly. Now if Golden Corral had the same policy, then I would weigh 600lbs.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:25 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
I hear and read, nothing but good about ''Vinnie's Northbay Airstream Repair'' He's on Youtube as well as in the threads of this forum. He's just outside Santa Rosa California. The address is 11992 Blake Road, Wilton, California 95693 Phone # 707-978-0356 Lets keep adding positive experiences to this list, for them as well as us.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:11 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Meadow Vista , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaminwild View Post
I hear and read, nothing but good about ''Vinnie's Northbay Airstream Repair'' He's on Youtube as well as in the threads of this forum. He's just outside Santa Rosa California. The address is 11992 Blake Road, Wilton, California 95693 Phone # 707-978-0356 Lets keep adding positive experiences to this list, for them as well as us.
Vinnie's has moved to Wilton. The address you listed is correct, however he is south of Sacramento now.
Never been to his shop, but hear great things.

I have had great experiences at Bay Area Airstream in Fairfield. Sales process good twice and I love the service department. Josh Beam has been very helpful.
Best,
SS
SilverSinbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
St. Albans , Vermont
Helpful dealership

Here's a shout out for the LA dealership in San Gabriel. Service manager Louis and Lisa fit us right in for a quick and reasonably priced repair. We were back on the road and off to our next national park right on schedule. As we were heading out of town a guy beeped at us at a light and asked where we had bought it. We replied "Plattsburgh NY but go back two blocks to a great dealer".
Jaywaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Maitland , Florida
Another happy Vinnie customer

We had our trailer worked on by Vinnie today in his new location in Wilton, CA. In the few months he's been in this new location, he's done a lot of work on the property, including building a nice gravel loop road for getting in and out. It's good already, but when he's done building his shop and "campground" for his customers, it will be an amazing location for service work.

It was our first experience with Vinnie and I can't say enough good things about his skill and knowledge about Airstreams, not to mention he's just such a nice guy. We're totally pleased and will be back again one day.

Joanne
FreshAirStmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:33 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Oasis in Tucson was helpful to me. They had the parts for my '87 Excella that the Tucson dealer didn't have. Oasis, BTW, is an authorized repair center for AS.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:35 PM   #33

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
Have to give nice praise for the Bay Area Airstream dealership and service department. No real pressure in sales, great service in service department.
Mattirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:02 AM   #34
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
I like to give a shout out to Randy @www.bestconverter.com. Aka 68 Overlander. It pays to compare. A Zamp 200w portable is $ 965.00 on Amazon. Randy is $ 847.00...yes over $100.00 less than Amazon. So before you buy ...compare prices with our supporters first.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:15 AM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Naperville , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaminwild View Post
Too often we share our ''bad'' experiences with people but not as much the good. I thought that we should share our good experiences with dealers. Not just the Airstream dealers, but the ''mom and pop'' dealers as well. Use this thred to thank someone for a job well done. ShinyPete's experience with J.D Sanders 04 05 2014 is the idea for this thred. I would like to thank Colonial for giving me a deal on stabilizer pads. And the many dealers/ venders that take the time during their busy scheduals, to help us on this website.Your imput will benefit us as well as them.

I have had excellent service at Airstream of Chicago.
1995 & 2004 Gary Fisher Hoo-Koo-e-Koo emergency vehicles
pt.reyesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:43 PM   #36
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Holiday World in Katy TX has been a very positive experience for me. They really did a great job taking me in quickly to fix my water heater, did it quickly without any hassle and got me out in a timely manner before I could get hungry [emoji39]

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:48 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

We've bought our AS from Colonial and it was a very good experience. Their service department has also been very helpful with our questions over the phone. We had battery problems on our trip last Spring and they were very helpful over the phone.

I'd also like to acknowledge the Public Garage on the south rim of the Grand Canyon in the Grand Canyon Village. They are not an AS dealer, but we were extremely fortunate to find them during that Spring trip. Turns out they will test batteries and just so happens to carry the same Interstate batteries that came with our AS and were giving us trouble. Not only were we able to replace the battery that the local (Oviedo FL) Interstate store was to incompetent to test, they did so at a cheaper price than I could get in Orlando. Nice to find competence and fairness on the road.
StrmyWeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:28 AM   #38
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
I shopped around for a replacement window for my '99 Airstream. Out of Doors Mart saved me 100.00 dollars. I was surprised on the Airstream inventory they had on site. If Colonial is the largest dealer in the north east, Then Out of Doors Mart is the heavy hitter of the Carolinas. If it wasn't 29* with the wind blowing, I would of stayed longer and looked at the new ones. Very clean facilities. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:15 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2018 19' Flying Cloud
Newport , Washington
Can't say enough good things about Airstream of Spokane (Washington). For a smaller dealer they are amazingly price competitive. The owners understand that buying an Airstream is a process not an event and willingly and graciously work with you for years if need be to make sure you make a good decision. Their service department is top notch and if you have a warranty claim they will back you up even before they have factory blessing. They treat folks passing through with the same warm welcome and level of service as those who purchased from them. When you walk into their store you are met by the owners (Nick & Karen) not some "closer" who got laid off from a near by used car lot.

2018 Flying Cloud 19
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Diesel
KelloggKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
My dealer, Southland RV, in Atlanta, GA has been great.
brick
brick1 is offline   Reply With Quote