Old 12-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Electrical schematic for 2010 28' Flying Cloud?

How does one get an electrical schematic for a particular model? I would like to have one for my 2010 28' FC.

I tried AS customer service and they wouldn't allow me to have it! Doesn't quite seem like the right thing for them to do and could not get a real reason why they don't want to give you one.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
The schematics are contained in the owners' manual, at least it is in mine for the '87 Excella and was also in the '94 LY moho I previously owned.

1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Unfortunately that is not the case with the 2010.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
That's somewhat perplexing - they have the owner's manual & the parts manual on line, but no schematics.

http://www.airstream.com/files/libra...f55901af32.pdf
http://www.airstream.com/files/libra...11c0dd8382.pdf
Old 12-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkmagikca View Post
That's somewhat perplexing - they have the owner's manual & the parts manual on line, but no schematics.

http://www.airstream.com/files/libra...f55901af32.pdf
http://www.airstream.com/files/libra...11c0dd8382.pdf
Thanks, I have these PDFs and along with the printed owners manual that came with the trailer. As you point out the information isn't within these documents! When I called AS customer service they weren't willing to give me the drawings. I could not get a good reason why. Meanwhile that is why I am looking for another source, albeit likely to be a low probability of success.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Other than parts placement, I would surmise that the actual schematics should be similar as some of the previous years' trailers - for example, those relating to refrigerator, hot water heater, furnace, and lighting. What exactly are you looking to do?
Old 12-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Lower Alabama , USA
Blkmagikca, thanks for trying to help me, it is much appreciated.

Being a tinkerer and do-it yourselfer and as I am also planning on keeping the unit, I need the documentation. I have wiring diagrams for all my toys! I always want to know how and where things are cobbled together from an electrical perspective. Simply not willing to guess on electrical stuff, the risk is too high. Also not willing to take to a dealer and have an incompetent work on it. I have seen very specific evidence of the incompetence of the dealer where mine came from.

At the current time, I am adding an electrical heating element to my hot water tank and wanted to look at feasibility of putting the switch in the toilet adjacent to the existing toggle for gas operation. The HW heater on my unit is front roadside quadrant and the toilet is curbside rear quadrant, so running a wire is not simple. Was looking for the wiring diagram to see what they ran to that toggle and how it is integrated into the controls.

Other examples at the moment are I would also like to understand exactly how the 110V and 12V is distributed, specific details of how the charging system is integrated into the system, relay details and locations, and more . . . . . No telling what I will want to do in the future and knowing the actual details will be important.

Guess I will have to push AS a little more. In my view, they were paid for the documentation when the trailer was delivered.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
Milton , Florida
Wireing Schematics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse View Post
How does one get an electrical schematic for a particular model? I would like to have one for my 2010 28' FC.

I tried AS customer service and they wouldn't allow me to have it! Doesn't quite seem like the right thing for them to do and could not get a real reason why they don't want to give you one.
If you are successful in locating a source for wireing schematics, then please publish the source. I am searching for the same information for a 2006 30 foot classic.
Centramatics wheel balancing & Dill TPMS
Hensley hitch & Maxim skylights
Voyager Camera System WVOS713
2010 FORD F-250, ITBC, 6.8 liter V-10 gas, with VIAIR on-board air system
nickmeloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
Although this is no substitute for a schematic, this might answer some of your questions.
Airstream How To: Trailer Wire Routing (Shell to Finish) - YouTube

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
San Carlos , California
Electrical diagram

We were able to get diagrams from AS for our 2011 FC 20. Used the online form and they got back to me within a day. Not sure if it's still an issue. Explained we're looking to replace our toilet and might go compost, which needs an additional fan, told them we needed the diagrams for the hookup. Maybe they only like to give them out for a reason. ..? Agree owners should have them if they want them. Anyway, if anyone would like a copy of what we received let me know.