Old 10-07-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Currently Looking...
mesquite , Texas
doors

just purchased 2015 27ft. fb international signature in Idaho. had the following problems/
1. the screen door had no bracket to latch onto when closed. left the factory that way & wasn't discovered till several weeks later when I tried to use just the screen door.
2. handle fell off the microwave door when opened for the first time. screws were not tightened.
3.no weatherstripping half way off screen door. fell off somewhere during shipping?
4.water filter under sink in kitchen exploded when city water was used for first time throwing water and black filter material all over new ebony couch and interior of trailer.
dealer in Idaho sent new complete screen door assy. and new water filter to replace both items.
everyone in dealership were great in all respects and made whole transaction very pleasant and enjoyable. this is my second airstream , first one was a 2010 23ft. fd. international and it was purchased at same group [Fairfield ca.] and this one in [ boise] Caldwell id. they moved n a tad.
anybody had any issues with the water filter exploding like mine did? scared the heck out of me1 almost afraid to replace it with the new filter.
and so much for factory quality control!

Old 10-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Check supply pressure and condition of internal pressure regulator first...

All else fails, get a good adjustable external pressure regulator to cut it down to about 30 psi.

Probably a defective filter housing or not secured properly?

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums

2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I would go with the faulty install of original filter. Put the new filter on and enjoy nice filtered water.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Currently Looking...
mesquite , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Check supply pressure and condition of internal pressure regulator first...

All else fails, get a good adjustable external pressure regulator to cut it down to about 30 psi.

Probably a defective filter housing or not secured properly?

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
I was under the impression that airstreams came with a pressure regulater installe at the factory& didn't require an external regulator. I have since bought one . was discussing the filter with a local [sob] r.v. dealer and it was suggested that possibly the unit came off the assembly line in late winter &the water in the filter possibly froze while in transit to or at the dealership in Idaho? it was securely mounted under the sink but it exploded at the end where it was joined together. my question was has anyone else experienced the same thing?it by the way is rated for max 125lbs. pressure.probably take a fire hose to exceed that!
Old 10-14-2015, 07:48 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
The under sink filter should not have been installed in freezing conditions, and probably froze. The trailer should have come with a short length of water line and fittings to put in place when the filter is not installed, and I think that's how they are shipped from the factory. Ours was.

There is a built-in water pressure regulator as part of the city water hookup fixture. There is no need for another.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote