Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-23-2017, 09:29 AM   #1

Flagstaff , Arizona
Dometic Furnace problem

When I woke up this morning the heater was I longer working. I have a 2017 flying cloud 30'. The display on the control panel was showing an E1 error and through reading I found the reset method of holding the two buttons while in the off setting. This fixed the E1 error but now the control panel is only showing three modes (off, cool, fan) and for some reason it is showing zone 1 (blinking) and zone 4 (solid). I cannot get the control panel to show me the "Furn" mode like normal. Last I checked it only had zone 1 and 2 when it was working properly?

It is 34 degrees today so trying to get this working would be a nice quality of life increase.
Zakfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Best and fastest thing to do for a brand new rig would be to call the service department where you purchased.

Maggie
Old 02-23-2017, 10:03 AM   #3

Flagstaff , Arizona
Spoke with them on the phone, and exhausted all we could do over the phone. They offered to have me bring it in but I'm 3 hours away. The local rv repair near me is a week out so I'm hoping I can do some self repair to get this fixed before tonight where it's 15degrees. Might have to look into a space heater in the meantime.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:12 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Probably stupid idea but, why not reboot? Shut down stone cold, no AC no DC (pull a battery cable if necessary) and then fire everything back up. Just a thought...
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:03 PM   #5

Flagstaff , Arizona
No luck on the reboot. Perhaps I need to track down what caused the E1 error in the first place and that might help diagnose the new problem.