Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Does year matter?

We are the proud owners of a 1967 Globetrotter which we plan to keep. This is a great travel trailer but I am now looking for something bigger. Since I plan to completely remodel the interior on this trailer does the model year really matter?

I love our '67 and feel,other than the aluminum wiring, this was Airstreams best year. As I am very partial to vintage Airstreams does the model year matter if I plan to redo the whole interior. I know I still want the rounder, older style. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Also, if anyone knows of a 28-31 ft trailer near Texas I would appreciate letting me know.
Tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Hi Jim,

Year only matters to if you have a preference. Some models are rare enough that it would significantly impact the rig's value to stray from original too much. You'll hear some say make it your style, while others prefer to keep things original. Our Avion is original, but not the Airstream.

Welcome,

Kevin

Your rig... Your decision. Plenty of knowledgable members here to bounce your ideas off of.

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
If you want both grey and black water tanks without making modifications. The grey water tanks were introduced in '74. They weren't very big. 12 gallons or so.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote