Old 11-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Norm, I'm really happy that you got a good and thorough repair from JC. Hopefully you can now start to really enjoy the trailer!

Tom

Old 08-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2008 22' Sport
Green Mountains , Vermont
Well, at least my luck is consistent...or lack of luck. A few months after I returned with the newly rebuilt trailer, I got sick. Was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I'm only 52. They're telling me I'm stage 3 or 4. Finished chemo and radiation treatments. I have surgery scheduled for next week...whipple procedure. They'll know if they can proceed within the first hour. Issues with the tumor near a major artery. Can't believe how many young people were in the treatment center. Cancer sucks.
Norm

Old 08-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia
Norm, I'm sorry for your troubles. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes for a successful surgery.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #32
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
Wow, Norm,so sorry to hear of the news. I'll send prayers that the surgery goes well and that you get to use the Airstream shortly. My best wishes to you .
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:10 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Norm,

I am so sorry to hear of your news. I agree with your opinion of cancer. My husband was diagnosed with thyroid cancer at age 50. We also have a previously leaky 2008 Safari with floor rot that was fixed by Jackson Center. I am sending good wishes your way for a successful surgery.

Susan
Old 08-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #34
4 Rivet Member

1962 24' Tradewind
Tucson , Arizona
Maybe these will be helpful to somebody:

One capsule of Capsol-T is equivalent to drinking 16 cups of green tea

ONCOblot Labs - Latest test for cancer - Blood tests for cancer
aluminitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Norm, hoping for the best. Sending good wishes to you.

Tom
Old 11-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2008 22' Sport
Stupid question. Is there any way for me to delete all of my negative posts related to leaks, traveling, dealership experiences? If I just delete my account, the posts are still there, correct?

We may sell the trailer...maybe Spring time. Everything has been fixed/repaired/reviewed at JC. Spent a week inside to verify. All is well. It's winterized. I just don't want someone reading all my whining and get a negative opinion of its current condition. I don't want any others missing valuable information, but I'm not sure I ever supplied any.

Thanks,

Norm
Old 11-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesvt View Post
Stupid question. Is there any way for me to delete all of my negative posts related to leaks, traveling, dealership experiences? If I just delete my account, the posts are still there, correct?

We may sell the trailer...maybe Spring time. Everything has been fixed/repaired/reviewed at JC. Spent a week inside to verify. All is well. It's winterized. I just don't want someone reading all my whining and get a negative opinion of its current condition. I don't want any others missing valuable information, but I'm not sure I ever supplied any.

Thanks,

Norm
Not a stupid question at all.

You could contact a moderator on the site team to discuss options. You may want to leave them as is, though. If they weren't hidden already, they probably didn't violate CRs and maybe others responded and the files would look odd with responses to notes that don't exist anymore.

It's also good to see the transition over time. Of COURSE it's frustrating - and perhaps "whine worthy" - to have lots of unexpected problems with your trailer. And now that it's fixed, it's good to know JC does good work and things are cool now!

Talk with the site team if you're still concerned but here's a vote for leaving it like it is (which is a great David Wilcox song if you ever get a chance to listen to it! :-) )

Glad things are fixed up!!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #38
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
Hi Norm,
Steve made some good points above.

Sorry to hear that the trailer will be for sale. As a moderator I can say that there is no way for you to delete the posts.

The site also has policy of not deleting/ posts/ threads as thread continuity is disrupted and it affects the reading experience of the rest of our forum members. We also have no ability to tell whether your threads have been referenced elsewhere in the forum.

My personal opinion is that I think that the fact that you were vigilant and addressed the problems properly at JC actually adds to the validity that your trailer is now in excellent shape. Anyone who reads this forum knows that there is often a shakedown period where quality control issues need to be addressed though the warranty.

I think this post of yours (quoted below) speaks for itself, you have gone above and beyond making sure your trailer is leak free and ready to camp. Best wishes to you in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesvt View Post
Update-
I went to Jackson Center. Stayed six nights. All week. They did an outstanding job. Spent all week on the trailer. I could not get time off, but was able to work over their internet without any problems.

You want details?
Leak from the front window-Water run over the front of the trailer for hours, but no apparent leaking inside. Put it through the Sealtech machine and noted large bubbles in several areas including the front window, window cover, window cover arm bracket mount on trailer, awning bracket, and more. Everything was sealed or removed and replaced, then re-tested.

They removed a lot of the furniture inside and took down the mouse fur. Removed the front panel inside under the window. Peeled back the vinyl floor. Checked for damage on the floor. Replaced the panel, re-taped the panels inside on the walls and ceiling, put new matching mouse fur on sections that had stained. Re-glued in other places.

Leak under the shower-Water run into the shower drain did not find leak. Ended up pressurizing water system and located faulty fitting. They replaced seven feet of water line and the fittings. They also removed the caulking in and around the shower and re-caulked.

They spent a few hours removing all the old caulking on the roof around the vents, awning rails, antenna, and re-sealed. They also touched up several spots around the trailer.

They don't cover filiform under warranty, but we had a great deal on the day we drove it off the lot (where it sat for several years). Most of the noticeable filiform was at the horizontal seam all around the trailer. They removed the corrosion, treated it, and installed a belt-line around the trailer. I think it looks great.

There was a list of other things- door tightening, shade replacement, water spout on fresh tank, inside trim piece, tambour door track.
Everything went great. Everything covered under warranty. Close to 40 hours plus parts. The technician that did the work was great keeping me informed throughout the day. Trailer returned to the terra-port each day at 4pm.

Looking forward to the next trip.

Norm
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Norm, my wife and I have been following your tale over the years. Our thought: it's a compliment that the trailer has been sorted out and cared for and the problems fixed.

Practically speaking, an awful lot of us (including me) have posted here documenting major problems that eventually got repaired. I think the important thing here is that there was resolution, with work done by one of the finest repair facilities in the country.

Best of luck in selling it, and I hope your treatments are going well. All the best.

Tom
Old 11-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #40
3 Rivet Member

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Norm,

We will pray for your recovery and your family. God bless!

All the best!

WoundedWarriorsFamilySupport.Org
http://www.highfivetour.com/
Snaken49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2008 22' Sport
Thanks everyone. I have mixed feelings. Aside from the small dent I added rear curb side, everything is fixed. I don't want it to look like I'm trying to hide any information, but always fear the history (though resolved) will steer people away. There seems to be quite a few 2008 Safari Sport 22's for sale. At this point, I guess I'll just leave it all as is.

Not sure when we'll sell it. Need to sell the house too and make better arrangements for the future. Unfortunately the planned surgery in August didn't go well. They aborted two hours into it. The pancreatic cancer spread to my liver, lymph nodes, and elsewhere. I'm stage 4 now. They told I probably only have 12 months left (and that was in August) . Then there was the liver abscess that had me in the hospital for a while. I went home with a drain tube/bag. Accidentally knelt on the tube and yanked it out. Ouch. Did not feel well.

I started a newer more aggressive chemo plan. There have been good results with others. We'll see. Thanks again for all the help, feedback, and positive thoughts.

Norm
Old 11-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 24
Frostproof , Florida
In the same vein, because cancer does suck, look into eating an "alkaline diet" (search on Google) along with your medical regime. I went into remission with Squamous Cell cancer this way. Lots of fruits and veg, light, very, very light, on starch and protein, no sugar. Cancer, and fungus (which is always present in stage 3 and 4), hate an alkaline environment. I'm sorry you have all this trouble.

Now at the getting much prettier stage!
Carolinda is offline   Reply With Quote