Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2017, 04:29 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Solon , Ohio
Do You Think This is Missing A Window?

Hello Airstream Family!

I am new to this forum BUT I read post here everyday! I am looking to purchase this airstream and the owner didn't know much about it but this is what he said: "I think it is 31ft and a 1972"

Here are pictures and I was wondering if anyone may think that it is missing Windows by the entry door?

Thank you all for your wonderful knowledge!

Hikia
Hikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:33 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Solon , Ohio
Missing Window?

I hope the picture is attached...
Old 03-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
I think you had some trouble with the photos attachment. The way our site is configured, you can only use the square yellowish photo icon if your photo is hosted on a photo sharing site or other web resource. If the photo is on your local maching, you'll need to attach it using the "paperclip" attachment icon that's visible in the Advanced editing interface (that one shows by default when you create a new thread, but you have to click the "Go Advanced" button to see it when you're replying to a thread.)

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:41 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Solon , Ohio
Oh my Thank You! I just tried your suggestions and still no attached picture! This is not a picture friendly site :-/
Old 03-14-2017, 04:55 PM   #5

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikia View Post
Oh my Thank You! I just tried your suggestions and still no attached picture! This is not a picture friendly site :-/
Well, it just has a particular process to it. Which process are you trying? Attaching a photo or linking one from a photo sharing site? When I look at your posts I don't see any evidence of a "broken" photo link so it seems like you may be skipping a step, or if your photo files are VERY large, they may get rejected if you're attaching them as a file uploaded from your computer.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:09 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Solon , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
Well, it just has a particular process to it. Which process are you trying? Attaching a photo or linking one from a photo sharing site? When I look at your posts I don't see any evidence of a "broken" photo link so it seems like you may be skipping a step, or if your photo files are VERY large, they may get rejected if you're attaching them as a file uploaded from your computer.
I am using my iPhone to upload the pictures. I see the clip above so I click that and it takes me to where I can upload photos. I see the photo that I uploaded but then it stops there. I'm thinking that I've uploaded and done...but then there are not pictures😞
Old 03-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Solon , Ohio
Airstream pic

Here is the picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	281503  
Old 03-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Solon , Ohio
I did it!

This is the side that I believe is missing a window. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	122
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	281504  
Old 03-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Solon , Ohio
I FINALLY attached the pictures! Thank you for your help!
Old 03-15-2017, 02:34 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
This is the side that I believe is missing a window. What do you think?
No, all is well

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:49 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Solon , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
No, all is well
Oh really? It looks a bit strange not having that window and vista window next to the entry door! Thank you! I feel better to make the purchase now!
Old 03-15-2017, 06:17 PM   #12
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Oh really? It looks a bit strange not having that window and vista window next to the entry door! Thank you! I feel better to make the purchase now!
That looks like a 1973 Ambassador. It's 29' looks like a rear bedroom. Ambassadors of that time were in effect Sovereigns from the main door back. The door forward would be more what you would expect in a Safari or Globetrotter, hence the really short, no-window area.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:43 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Solon , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
That looks like a 1973 Ambassador. It's 29' looks like a rear bedroom. Ambassadors of that time were in effect Sovereigns from the main door back. The door forward would be more what you would expect in a Safari or Globetrotter, hence the really short, no-window area.
Oh wow!! That would be a good size for me!
Thank you so much!!! I found another picture to post! I will go see it this weekend!
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	72
Size:	339.4 KB
ID:	281526