Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
...Groan...
Terry - did you mean groin?
Old 02-09-2008, 10:40 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Crossville , Middle TN
Send a message via Yahoo to tnsue
Arrow Dumb questions

Thanks Andy for posting the pictures. She is beginning to look more like herself. At least, part of her does.

Yes, WLJ, Mariposa is in good hands. The only thing is she is only having half a face lift...........sigh. One side is going to look like a teenager but the other half is going to resemble me somewhat.........lol.

One thing, between Andy and Greg, his right hand man, they have answered so many questions and are still polite to me. They are replacing my two single beds in the rear to one full size. I am very happy about that, should give me a better nights sleep. I am replacing them with a Sleep Number.

jkcru........sandy, wet toilet paper probably would have sent me over the edge. But it has not rained since then so I am doing pretty good. I still laugh when I think how I looked standing in line with the rest of the gals at the motel that night. All my nice overnight things were in Mariposa so I had to pack my stuff in a Wal-Mart plastic bag. Now that is what you call class!!

Ron, we did have fun at the Rallys........hope to be able to attend another one and show Mariposa off with her new skin. Say, haven't you added one or two more little ones to your picture??? How about an up-to-date picture?

Almost ready for new experiences......

travelinsue
tnsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinsue
Thanks Andy for posting the pictures. She is beginning to look more like herself. At least, part of her does.

Yes, WLJ, Mariposa is in good hands. The only thing is she is only having half a face lift...........sigh. One side is going to look like a teenager but the other half is going to resemble me somewhat.........lol.
Hi, that's OK, you can only see one side at a time.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #64
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
95 1000 Excella

Almost finished.

Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_1995.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	328.2 KB
ID:	54297  
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:05 PM   #65
3 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Crossville , Middle TN
Thumbs up Yea, almost ready

Andy said I could pick Mariposa up Friday afternoon and bring her home. I am very happy to say the least, it has been a long three weeks but well worth it. My Sleep Number mattress was delivered yesterday, a week early, so I am all set to feel at home again.

The people in the park are wanting to have a welcome home party for her. I laughed about that. How about some good mixed drinks by the heated pool?? That sounds like a good way to have a welcome home bash.

Thank you again Andy and Greg for all you have done for me. Also cudos to the office personnel, they have been very patient with me with all the phone calls I have made.

Life is good.

travelinsue
Old 02-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #66
3 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Crossville , Middle TN
????? Can someone explain the entry below my status line that reads
Warn: (0%) ????? I am using question marks since I do not know what those are after the % thingy.

travelinsue
Old 02-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #67
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Ahhh....The "warn meter"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinsue
????? Can someone explain the entry below my status line that reads
Warn: (0%) ????? I am using question marks since I do not know what those are after the % thingy.

travelinsue
That is an administrative tool for when you have been a bad girl. Uhh, it is used to display to you and the moderators when you have been "warned" for an infraction of the forums rules. Each warn raises your level by 20%, and 5 warns will merit a time out until they expire. 99%+ of our members will never see anything but 0% there, and most of the rest will only see 20% for a relatively short time.
I can make your warn meter go up, but it is not something to work for...
Old 02-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Hi Sue. There are a couple threads about this. The warn system is a means to remind a member that the mods have had to have a "conversation" about their posting style. 99 and 44/100ths percent of members never push Community Rules to the point that we need to explain it. You (let me check... ) are 4-plus A#1 certified healthy and on the sunny side of Forums behavior. Thanks to you and the rest of our community for helping us keep it this way!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:20 PM   #69
3 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Crossville , Middle TN
Sigh!

Hey guys thanks for the explanation.

Since I did not see that after the others posting I thought I was going to get put in the corner for something. I have to admit when I was posting back in 2004 under another name I was called on the carpet for using, I believe, a font that was to large. At least that is what I remember, I think.

Anyway, I am just outisde of Corona spending the night in a motel to be fresh tomorrow when I pick up Mariposa. That LA traffic is the pits, even at 9:00 pm. There are more little red sports cars that think I 10 is a race track. They are much more in a hurry to reach the cementary than I.

travelinsue
Old 02-15-2008, 06:16 AM   #70
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Danielsville , Georgia
Sue,

Here is a link to a post which has our latest addition (on the Springstream Thread)

We've added a girl and a boy since we last visited.

Coincidentally, we'll be in Orange County next Thurs/Fri, just 30 minutes from Corona, for birthmark laser treatment at UC Irvine for our youngest girl, Madelyn. (We'll have baby Nathan with us as well.)

I'm hoping to visit a couple of forum members in the brief time that we're out there.
PizzaChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:08 AM   #71
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Excella
Tucson , Arizona
Sue, looks like your AS is in good hands. Andy, that is some nice work. I have heard tell of a full side like you have done but have not seen it, very impressive to see. Hope Sue will not mind letting you post some shots of the finished product.

Hang in there Sue, looks like today will be the day. I had some punk kids shoot up the front end of my excella a few years back. Oasis here in Tucson replaced 4 or 5 panels and the front windows to get out all the dents from the BBs. Makes you mad, but then in the hands of skilled craftsman, it comes back good as new.
elolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #72
3 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Crossville , Middle TN
Hooray!

Well, I brought Mariposa home last night to the RV park. The traffic was really wild, everyone leaving with toy haulers, headed to the sand dunes I guess in Yuma.

Anyway, my spot in the park was rented out for two nights so I parked her right in front of the office with her good side out. This was a good way to show what Andy and Greg had done. The repair left all the naysayers with their mouths open. They said it could not be done but now they see what Inland RV can do. And it was all done within the time Andy said he would do it.

Andy had to go to bat again for me with the insurance company but I came out on the winning side. They wanted to total her but he managed to work it around so they repaired her.

The decal all along the side is beautiful, straight as an arrow.

Also he installed a patio light above my kitchen window that will give me light to party by. Whoopee!

I will be going back to have my brakes, wheels and axles checked. They have never been checked since I purchased her in 2004. Then I will be all set to travel this summer to cooler climes.

A happy ending to what was a rather sad time for me.

travelinsue
Old 02-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
TravelinSue
I just read up thru the Posts to refresh and Mariposa looks just wonderful. I called my wife in to view the before and after pics. I had a feeling U would love Andy and Gregs work. I have never met them but we have spoken on the phone They are Great.
Im so glad U are now reunited . Happy Tails SUE
Roger and MaryLou
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #74
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Glad to see that everything worked out for you Sue. Maybe in the future we'll meet up again and I'll get to see Inland's handywork in person.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:09 AM   #75
3 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Crossville , Middle TN
Smile Home

Things are beginning to feel good again. I have pretty much unpacked all that I had carried to the park model. Sitting back in my recliner e-mailing this message, I feel that all is well with my world.

Someone left a beautiful boquet of flowers on my steps while I was gone the first day, with a note reading "Welcome back Mariposa". There are some very special people in this park, the kind you meet when you are fortunate enough to live the life I live.

People still are coming by and admiring Inland's work. I have given out a few cards for future reference.

I want to add another name to my thank yous that I missed previously. I found out Speedy, who has been doing work on AS for many years, was instrumental in getting her back to normal. Thank you Speedy, you did a marvelous job in making her whole again.

Now if I could just find someone to do the same thing to the other side........laughing, then she would match.

Yes Creg, I am hoping to visit TN this summer and am planning to stay in the AS park in Crossville. Perhaps we can meet one day.

This will probably be my last post on this adventure but I appreciate all the messages and good vibes I received from all of you.

travelinsue
Old 02-21-2008, 08:15 AM   #76
3 Rivet Member

1995 28' Excella
Crossville , Middle TN
Angry Durn

Well, Craig, I spelled your name incorrectly.

I thought I checked all my typing but I see I missed a very important word.

Yep, you will see my new shiny side. at least it is the street side...so more people will see it when I am parked.

trravelinsue
Old 02-21-2008, 01:33 PM   #77
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Let us know when you get back to Tennessee. Maybe we can get up to Crossville to see you!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by kposey
Let us know when you get back to Tennessee. Maybe we can get up to Crossville to see you!
That's right Kathy. It's been awhile since we have seen Sue. Maybe we can have a little rally of our own while visiting her.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #79
Vagabond

1973 31' Sovereign
1991 34' Excella
Fort Meade Md. RV park slot 8!! , Motorsports Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TheBigRedTruck
"Now if I could just find someone to do the same thing to the other side........laughing, then she would match."

Becarfull of what you wish for!!!! LOLOL