Old 06-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB International
Vancouver , British Columbia
Couple qs

Hi. So after a year with our 25'fb fc and about 25 nights I have a couple more questions.

1) Our awning sticks something fierce on the back end side. I'm a very strong 30 year old and have trouble pulling the bar out without using my shoulders and legs. Not sure if there is a more finesse type way? What I do is unlatch, hook the bar on and Spring load it. I then repeat on the other side. The front side raises quite easily (just lift the bar vertically) but the rear side is fickle to say the least. Any ideas?

2) when playing a cd (cd only) I get feedback (humming) thru the speakers. This just started a couple weeks ago?

3) can someone explain the p traps in the sink and shower. And how to ensure they are working?

4) does anyone know how to get a thicker (firmer) mattress? Being a big dude I need this.

5) can I rely on the fantastic fans to close when it rains?

6) the lock for the compartment that acceses the storage area under our bed is stuck ... It just won't turn with the key In it?

7) our trailer is currently set up at our seasonal site. We will travel with it 4 or so times year. I do not have a tarp over it and there is a lot of pine needles falling on the roof. Will a good roof blow/wash every 2 months or so be adequate?

That is all for now. Thanks In Advance.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
I can answer 2 of these.

1. Spray the inner arm with silicone and wipe off the excess. Slide it in and out a couple of times and do it again. Be careful not to remove the inner arm from the outer arm, the rear arm is spring loaded. This should make the arms slide easily.

3. The P-Trap is just a piece of twisted plumbing. it insures that water sits in the trap and prevents gases from the holding tank or sewer line from entering the trailer. The water can get out of the trap when traveling or it can evaporate if you do not use the drain regularly. You can just pour a glass or two of water down the drain to make sure it is full.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
"5) can I rely on the fantastic fans to close when it rains?"

If yours is the model with the rain sensor it WILL close when the sensor gets wet...it's magic! You can test it (1) by having the fantastic fan open (running or not) and using a spritzer bottle of water to spray lightly around the inner edge of the fan housing the sensor from the inside, or (2) try getting it to stay open in the rain! The sensor is under the cover on the upper edge of the fan housing facing upwards... It should close when it gets wet...and when it dries sufficiently it will reopen and resume running (or previous state). Ours even closes when its very humid.
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB International
Vancouver , British Columbia
Awesome. Thanks for the help. Refreshed q list below.

2) when playing a cd (cd only) I get feedback (humming) thru the speakers. This just started a couple weeks ago?

4) does anyone know how to get a thicker (firmer) mattress? Being a big dude I need this.

6) the lock for the compartment that acceses the storage area under our bed is stuck ... It just won't turn with the key In it?

7) our trailer is currently set up at our seasonal site. We will travel with it 4 or so times year. I do not have a tarp over it and there is a lot of pine needles falling on the roof. Will a good roof blow/wash every 2 months or so be adequate?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:29 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Mesquite , Texas
For the CD noises, try a ground loop isolator. See this thread - http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450...xed-39321.html.

It worked for me.

For the mattress - Most RV dealers have them. For your trailer, I am pretty sure it's just a "short queen". Both sides are straight, right? If you want a better mattress, there are usually local companies that can make a mattress to pretty much any specification you want. Keep the weight in mind though. Super nice foam mattresses are pretty heavy.

For the lock, the first thing I would do is try some lubricant. There is a lot of stuff sold just for the purpose of freeing a sticky lock. Most contain graphite and a light lube or carrier of some sort.

Can't really tell you much about the pine needles. I wouldn't worry too much about them but the pine tar or pitch may be a pain to get off.

Good luck!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
Memory foam mattresses from Costco are Fantastic! We just trimmed ours to fit with an electric knife.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Blaine , Washington
The pine needles won't hurt but the hail will and, as you know, we do get some hail around here from time to time.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:30 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, on the storage compartment, some people have been known to use the wrong key. On mine it is the brass key. Other keys that came with your trailer will fit, but not turn.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote