Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Gold Canyon , Arizona
Let it go

Live with it and invest in some new curtains.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:45 PM   #42
1 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Livermore , California
Leave it alone. As soon as you fix it, something else will happen. I speak from experience. I put off repairs for a long time because I didn’t w ant to compromise the water tight integrity of the hull. Then one day, I had a small accident that qualified as collision damage, and got the whole thing fixed at once by the insurance company. You’re gonna have these little scrapes and dings. Wait for a big one that’s worth fixing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6D3DFD09-60C2-4B4D-83B7-B70FECA44B71.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	335905  
dennisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:37 PM   #43
"Silver Shrek"

2000 27' Safari
Crestwood , Kentucky
More than 1 segment
drairstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:44 PM   #44

LIBBY , MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHog View Post
So I have a dent in similar spot a little higher and to the right. We pulled it out some but there is a crinkle. Because it involves a bit of the window rivets it’s labor intensive and will require one panel ($700) replaced. With labor I’m lookin at a 4,000 repair. The shop will make it look new again and they do great work. Here’s the bad side if you don’t fix it right it WILL be a price/value deduction if you don’t fix or do a patch job. Worse though every time you pull into a rally or hang with other Airstreamers you will get heckled and asked about how it happened and why you didn’t listen to your wife, etc. Just saying.....
You can get to it from inside, but it will take a bit of work to get interior wall materials out of the way. Get a short length of 2” x 2” pine, round it on one end and work it to spread the dent outward. Possibly could have a slight crease mark, but won’t be as obvious as your original dent. Anyone who says it can’t be done, hasn’t tried. I’ve removed two dents by pulling interior wall from behind rear bed head board. Okay, I backed the Fiamma bike rack into a pickup truck.
nroon2 is offline   Reply With Quote