Old 07-19-2015, 05:29 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1996 25' Excella
Tillsonburg , Ontario
You should be able to see the spark on each burner when twisting the ignitor. Lift the top and spin the ignitor without opening the gas and look for the spark. If you don't find a missing or disconnected wire then the spark gap is possibly too big. About 1/16th inch should be enough. If you see a spark then maybe the spark location is wrong or maybe the burner gas flow is too high. I have had burners that won't light unless I reduced the gas flow a bit....just turn the burner control a bit past the "lighting" position.

JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:22 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2013 23' Flying Cloud
Bainbridge Island , Washington
Originally Posted by amaier7771 View Post
My right rear burner also would not light with the igniter, (after a long ride on a bumpy road!!!), but would work fine when lit with a match. Using a plastic-putty knife on the front left and right corners of the cook top, it popped up easily, the igniter wire had become disconnected, I just pushed it on, and now all works fine. A 2 minute fix. Hopefully, this will fix you situation also.

On my Atwood stove top (2013 Flying Cloud 23D) You press the cooktop rearward (away from you) against springs and the front eventually unlatches (after you remove the burners). I found a wire had fallen off the back of the igniter. I also see the insulation is so thin as to allow the spark to find ground early. Reassembly: just lay the cooktop down and then use your thumbs on the rear edge by the oven vent to push back against the springs, the stove top falls into place and should latch when you release the pressure.

I didn't understand this at first, the let side was always loose from the factory and I bent the right latch by simply pulling up. I straightened the right sheet metal latches and then had to open up the left side so they'd grab.

All good now.

Thanks for all the help.

2013 Flying Cloud 23D
2001 BMW X5 4.4i (TV)
2004 BMW 330/Ci 6-spd
2005 BWM R1200ST
1977 Cessna C177B
warmrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:22 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2008 16' Safari
1990 29' Airstream 290
stanfordville , New York
this is all very of my burners will not light,have to put a match to it...reading all this gives me a good idea as to what to check out and how,thank you...M.V.

la nomade is offline   Reply With Quote