Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2016, 06:48 PM   #1

Vandenberg AFB , California
Considering my first. Water damage?

Good afternoon everyone.

I am in the market for my first motorhome, and found one I like that is relatively local. It is a 1990 Land Yacht 36. The majority of it is in good shape, but the bedroom shows water damage.

I understand that the roof will need to be sealed to stop this, and I would do that immediately. I am carpenter, and fully capable of replacing the cabinet, paneling, and insulation.

My question is, what is the interior structure made of? I've searched the internet, and haven't come up with anything. Is it a steel frame, or 2x4, 1x3, or? What other issues could I run in to while repairing this section. I assume some electrical may be corroded. I'm trying to educate myself before making a decision.

Thank you,
Trey

edit. I found this same one posted on another thread. Seems the damage is pretty bad. I'll be passing on this one, but would still like to know what the structure would be made of.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RVS3-10-16-79_zpsntjif8p4.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	261481  
trey.a is offline   Reply With Quote