Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-22-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
Bill Crockett

2012 27' FB International
Currently Looking...
Parker , Colorado
condensate drain line

Can you guys tell me what the drain line shown in the attached picture is tied into? It is on my 2012 27' FB International. The line comes into the fender well on the curb side of the trailer between the shower and closet over the fender well. It is in the front section of the fender well and it appears to be between the walls of the trailer and going towards the front. I have attached a couple of pictures. The furnace and frig are on the other side of the fender well so I would not expect it to be coming from one of them. The line must be plugged because water is coming out under the line and down the fender well. Do I need to worry about this?
Looking at the floor under the closet that is close to this line I can see some moisture so I think the tube is plugged or not draining as designed causing a small amount of water to be absorbed into the floor. There appears to be a small water stain where the floor meets the fender well. It is not a lot of water so I am not sure if it is something I need to worry about it. This morning there is a puddle of water under the drain line and a pretty steady drip but no water on the floor that I can feel or see. Temps here were in the low 30's last night and the furnace was set to 45 Deg F last night. This morning there is a steady drip of water forming the puddle in front of the tire and the furnace has been on because I raised the temp to 60 Deg F. The trailer is not hooked up to water from outside. There is water in the freshwater tank and the pump is on but no one used any water for the last couple of days. Is this from the furnace, the fridge, could it be moisture between the walls. I have looked in the parts catalog and can not find a diagram showing the line. Thanks Bill
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fender well drain line.jpeg.pdf (2.79 MB, 91 views)
File Type: pdf Water puddle.jpeg.pdf (2.26 MB, 72 views)
wcrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:40 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Looks like the A/C drain hose.
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:08 PM   #3
Bill Crockett

Currently Looking...
Parker , Colorado
I did not consider the a/c drain hose because I have not used the a/c. But maybe moisture is collecting on the outside of the a/c hose from somewhere in the trailer. It has not rained on the trailer since early January so something inside the trailer must be leaking or creating condensation that falls onto the hose.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:39 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Could it be a low point drain in the fresh water system? Maybe the drain valve is open slightly, letting a drip pass through? Or, a compression ring at a fitting is not crimped correctly?

The pipe in your photo looks like white PEX. The AC drains I have seen in Airstreams have been a black plastic pipe.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:41 PM   #5
Bill Crockett

Currently Looking...
Parker , Colorado
Found the leak. It was the check valve / pressure regulator behind the city water inlet. The back cover for the valve has 4 screws to seal it to the body of the valve. They were loose and water was leaking ( a slow drip ) when there was pressure in the line. I did not expect the check valve to be right at the inlet. I thought it would be down by the water pump.