Old 01-13-2014, 10:37 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBPete View Post
Oh yea there is a leak! The dripping shows up on the street side forward and aft of the wheel well. For the final 'Here is the leak' we used dry toilet paper placed at several locations. And the winner, WET ONE was at the city water inlet connector. I was just able to place the TP there with the help of long arms and a pair of pliers. All other fittings were dry.
I had the same problem and just fixed it. Water dripping around the wheel well when the hot water heater turned on, either connected to city water or running off the tank. It was the city water inlet valve. Replaced it and all is well.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:12 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Water Pressure Acculator

The thermal expansion can put a bit of pressure on the water system. I added a small water pressure accumulator from Camping World ($40?) to give some extra expansion space, and generally smooth the operation of the water system.

You can put it anywhere after the water pump but it must be on a cold water line. I put it under the bath sink with the connections down to allow drainage for winterizing. Took a line off the cold water faucet and hooked to it the accumulator, then bought a new line to run from accumulator to the cold water faucet. Pretty easy addition.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1270.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	203554  

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:27 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
Nice Waleye

Oh Uh! I changed subjects in this thread! Doug, that is a great picture! Being connected to the same small Minnesota town is fun.

Well, fish live in water, and we are talking about water. There is a connection.

I've learned how to create an air space in my water heater, and I've learned pressure regulators can leak. I am planning on installing a small accumulator as I re-plumb my Trade Wind.

I have benefited from this thread. I hope the OP did too.

David
Old 01-20-2014, 09:38 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
Yes, we did benefit from this thread and everyone's suggestions. Pete reinstated the air bubble as suggested above and the leak stopped. He also bought a new shur flow city water inlet but hasn't had time to install it yet.

Thank you all for your input, sorry it took me so long to reply. We have been on the move since he got the air bubble thing working and are currently at Disney and are leaving for San Diego next week.

Thanks again and Happy Trails

Pat n Pete
Old 01-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
The thermal expansion can put a bit of pressure on the water system. I added a small water pressure accumulator from Camping World ($40?) to give some extra expansion space, and generally smooth the operation of the water system.

You can put it anywhere after the water pump but it must be on a cold water line. I put it under the bath sink with the connections down to allow drainage for winterizing. Took a line off the cold water faucet and hooked to it the accumulator, then bought a new line to run from accumulator to the cold water faucet. Pretty easy addition.
Here is how I had my accumulator installed.
http://www.vsquare.com/howard/photos.../P1000042s.jpg
The PO had included it in the sale, but it was still in its box. I had it installed at JC and it makes a huge difference, especially when boondocking - no surges.

1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote