Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2015, 04:38 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Check your interior door hinges!

I do not remember seeing a post on this so I am posting. Our AS is two years old, to us, and several of the interior cabinet door have Euro hinges. We have Centramatics and generally see no evidence of a rough ride inside.
Yesterday, we were on some bumpy roads and when we next checked inside one of the kitchen, undersink, door hinges had become disconnected and the door was on its side on the floor.
This disconnect was not the normal hinge disconnect, rather the screws holding the hinge together had come out. The screws were not tight. I checked the other similar hinges, some were tight and some were loose. These may have been loose a long time and just came apart or they may have loosened with time. I tend to think that they were always loose since most of the hinges were just fine.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote