Old 03-28-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Caulk/Leak repair

Have read several posts in the forum re caulk and how to repair leaks, etc. I want to caulk the 2 ridges running from front to back, on the roof between the aluminum and white roof material. I also want to replace all caulk around HVAC, etc. Would appreciate a list of caulks to use and have on hand for repairs throughout unit.. Especially, Eternabond RV tape..Is it a good thing to have on hand or use along with PM caulking? I want the list so I can order all at once. Any information greatly appreciated. 19' Bambi 2006. Tom

Old 03-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Sorry, I come up with some weirdos on the forum but in my case, it is almost necessary. Was a passenger in a head on car crash in England several years ago, and I sustained a severe concussion that hampers my current memory. Its called the Swiss Cheese effect...some information seeps through the holes, but most doesn't. I look at several good answers but it is difficult to pick the right one, especially, if multitasking is required. I can not remember such things as safe combinations/telephone numbers; a necessity with the Agency---thus medically retired. I get lost in stores,etc. So, if you see me feeling my way in a trailer park somewhere, point me in the right direction, please. Thanks much and I appreciate you all...........Tom

Old 03-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Vulkem is the sealer of choice. You can also order it with the oil-can type of applicator directly from Jackson Center.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Many thanks for the information. I will order asap. I have a list of about 6, and getting your reply leads me in the right direction. I will order some tonight/tomorrow. This reply very much appreciated. Tom
Old 04-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
BTW Tom, Eternabond tape is not used on Airstream trailers except the few fiberglass ones such as the "squarestream" and the fiberglass class A motor-homes (I had a '94 LY diesel pusher and used Eternabond on it, but NEVER on an aluminum body).
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
That is very nice to know. If you can think of any other product I might/could use on a routine, preventative maintenance, please let me know. Material ordered as you advised. Many thanks, Tom