Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2018, 01:21 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Nanoose Bay , British Columbia
Carbon monoxide CO detector location? 2016 FC 25 FB

Do we have a CO detector in our 2016 FC 25 Forward Bed unit and it so where is it? The Owners Manual talks about one but says nothing about what it looks like or where it is.

I see two detectors:
1. propane detector located at floor level curb side below the stack of kitchen drawers, and
2. what I think is a smoke detector ceiling mounted on the curved section of road side ceiling just aft of the TV in the living area.

Thanks all for your time.
gnijman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Nanoose Bay , British Columbia
Duh ... I mentioned this to my wife and she said "Let me have a look." She found the CO detector hiding in plain sight in the bedroom on the forward part of the hanging closet, cleverly disguised to look like a CO detector.

Sorry if I've wasted anyone's time in addition to my wife's.
gnijman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:23 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Hillbilly Hollywood (Nashville) , Tennessee
A central location about 5 feet from the floor closest to where the majority of people will sleep is the best location for a carbon monoxide detector. CO rises slowly as the air in the room warms, but can stay close to the floor in a cool, enclosed space.

Lower is better than higher in the case of a CO detector whereas a smoke detector is generally mounted higher. Most of the CO detectors I have seen that are factory installed in new RV's are mounted too high (top of a closet) to be immediately effective.

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote