Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2019, 04:52 AM   #1
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Camping World=Gander RV?

Our local CW is now GRV...anywhere else?
Could be things may improve...they do seem to be re-building the dump station at our local store here in WNY.👍

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 08-21-2019, 05:59 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
The change is certainly happening in Albuquerque. They've been dumping prior stock like crazy, I guess making room for their new product line.
Lynn
Old 08-21-2019, 06:05 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I believe they bought Gander Mountain.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:22 AM   #4
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Found this blurb on the google, local paper several months ago.

...."The Young Street location, which closed last year, will reopen this spring under the name Gander Outdoors. Parent company Camping World Holdings, which purchased assets of the bankrupt Gander"

A bit unusual CW should adopt the bankrupt name..🤔.

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 08-21-2019, 06:59 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Found this blurb on the google, local paper several months ago.

...."The Young Street location, which closed last year, will reopen this spring under the name Gander Outdoors. Parent company Camping World Holdings, which purchased assets of the bankrupt Gander"

A bit unusual CW should adopt the bankrupt name..🤔.

Bob
🇺🇸
This happened to our Gander Mountain over a year ago. The owner of CW bought the company. Gander mountain did a big "Get rid of all the merchandise sale" then sold all the fixtures. CW then bought all-new fixtures and proceeded to put back all the inventory that was sold minus enough room for RV equipment and products. You see a lot of the CW inventory but not as much or the depth that CW had. They are not selling trailers at our location and probably not under the Gander outdoor moniker.

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:08 PM   #6
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
I drove by the store this morning, all the RV inventory was still on the lot, and the Gander RV moniker was on the building. Most of the service bays were active. 🤔

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 08-22-2019, 04:08 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
Mesa AZ Camping World is now Gander RV. The store RV parts on the show room floor decreased your about 30% so they could insert fishing, hunting, guns, ammunition and the likes. I asked a salesperson did Gander purchase CW? She became very unset and stated no we bought them.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:38 PM   #8
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
In my personal opinion - Camping World is a better company name than Gander RV. Less parts is a big negative. Lots of sporting goods stores. Not many RV stores. This may be the end of our annual restock trips to CW if this virus spreads. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #9
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Looks like Gander RV has spread to Minnesota.....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:49 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Sunset Valley , Texas
I’m done with them, whatever their name is now.
The closest CW to me is 40 miles. The other day, 2 days after they were supposed to call me to tell me my part was in, I of course had to call them and wait for :25 plus minutes to actually speak to someone. Always the case. “Yes! Your part is in!” Ok, so I drive down there. Wait about :30 while the only parts guy is inundated by phones ringing off the hook and one customer who had a service complaint but the 5 dudes over in service who were standing around doing nothing said he had to go to parts. My turn comes up, interrupted a few times by calls and the random entitled service dude who comes and hogs the parts guys time without an acknowledgement to me... parts guy finally runs to the back to get my part. I open it because I know better, and it’s the inferior part in the proper box! Poor parts guy says that’s what I ordered, no I say, as I cross reference the part number on a different web site while he struggles with the CW site. “This is what I ordered and the part number matches the box but not the part”! “Well, says the parts guy, that’s an extra $50 bucks for that one and it won’t be in till tomorrow”. “Just give me my money back, I’ve ordered the correct part online for less then you were charging me for the inferior part”... parts guy mumbles something about a restocking fee and I give him a look that would melt aluminum... “here’s your refund”

And I walk out for the last time....

That place is a joke. Unfortunately so are the RV places in my area. I’ve found some great places online that aren’t amazon and actually appreciate my business. It’s a shame, but unless I’ve got to poop really bad, I won’t be entering a Camping Gander World ever again...

That felt good,
Ian
Iansk is offline   Reply With Quote