Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Kenmore , Washington
Cabinet Hinge

So we took our brand new 2019 25' FCFB out on its 1st trip last month and boy! Did it get put through it's paces! Screws came out of so many cabinets I couldn't believe it! We were able to fix pretty much everything ourselves with the exception of two things (one that is very annoying but if I have the part, can fix it myself). One of hinges in the cabinet above our slide-out pantry (the very narrow one), came part way off and is missing the part to screw back in place. So what is the easiest way of going about this? Calling our dealer's service dept and asking them about sending us a replacement part (is this something that should be under warranty)? Or just order a replacement part? Our dealer is about an hour away and hitching up is a pain as we store the AS at a friend's house and parking requires getting out the trailer valet to do a 180 turn to back it up. This should be the hinge...TIA!!

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.g...d=Api&rs=1&p=0
NellBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Barrie , Ontario
Loose screws

Quote:
Originally Posted by NellBell View Post
So we took our brand new 2019 25' FCFB out on its 1st trip last month and boy! Did it get put through it's paces! Screws came out of so many cabinets I couldn't believe it! We were able to fix pretty much everything ourselves with the exception of two things (one that is very annoying but if I have the part, can fix it myself). One of hinges in the cabinet above our slide-out pantry (the very narrow one), came part way off and is missing the part to screw back in place. So what is the easiest way of going about this? Calling our dealer's service dept and asking them about sending us a replacement part (is this something that should be under warranty)? Or just order a replacement part? Our dealer is about an hour away and hitching up is a pain as we store the AS at a friend's house and parking requires getting out the trailer valet to do a 180 turn to back it up. This should be the hinge...TIA!!

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.g...d=Api&rs=1&p=0
Sorry to hear your 2019 has so many screws loose! I have a 1978 31' that I've owned for 17 years and pulled thousands of miles! No leaks and I replaced 2 cupboard doors with piano hinges! I don't think I could survive paying the cost of a new one and having the problems you owners do! It's just sad!
Bev1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
The hinge you show is a Euro hinge that Airstream seems to love.
Is it broken or did the two halves separate? There's a tab at the end that if bumped releases the two parts. Easy to reassemble.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:39 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Kenmore , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
The hinge you show is a Euro hinge that Airstream seems to love.
Is it broken or did the two halves separate? There's a tab at the end that if bumped releases the two parts. Easy to reassemble.
The tab is M.I.A, unfortunately, which is why we need to replace it Super frustrated about the whole thing.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:48 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Col. Station , Ohio
Take the hinge off and head to the local hardware/ home depot/lowes and get a new hinge. Should be less than $5.
Flynavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:53 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Kenmore , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynavy View Post
Take the hinge off and head to the local hardware/ home depot/lowes and get a new hinge. Should be less than $5.
Great idea! Thanks so much 😊
Old 07-12-2019, 08:30 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
I bought some plastic clips that keep you from accidentally disconnecting the halves. They work well
Old 07-16-2019, 06:51 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Kenmore , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
I bought some plastic clips that keep you from accidentally disconnecting the halves. They work well
Where did you get your clips from? I think that the plastic clip may not have even been on the hinge?? I'm quite shocked at all the things that came apart on the "maiden voyage" 🙄
Old 07-17-2019, 08:13 AM   #9
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
I solved this problem on mine using the clips. Another post when someone had the problem revealed the source. Search for more posts on this and you should find the one I mean

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote