Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Richfield , Ohio
Buyer Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&K View Post
Some of these parts distributors have found ways to "make themselves necessary," like "we are the only one that can get this part with the exact radius of kanooder bracket for your trailer" or "its not safe if you dont buy this one that only we carry for 3000 dollars" or "others parts are inferior."
It is funny that you mention this. The website says "Must SLIGHTLY modify door". The thing I found out when I received the part was that the slight modification was that you have to cut the inner and outer skins and rivit in new filler plates. I did not want to modify the apperance of my trailer and the new plates are not polished, my trailer is. That is when I fabricated the new internal cam plate that is attached ti the striker. If anyone else wants to know how to do this, I would be happy to assist you so you will not have to do the "slight modification".

Old 09-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
This is always a 'sticky' salutation for the vendor when it comes to return parts...

Usually a 'return policy' is stated plainly, so that both parties know what's expected at the time of sale...

That being said, there's nothing preventing a vendor from 'stretching' his own rules to accommodate a good customers concerns over a particular transaction made in good faith...

If the customer purchased the item using a credit card for payment, there are charges that were 'absorbed' as it were, by the vendor to complete the sale, along order processing time (for the sale and restocking), shipping supplies, etc...

These are real costs for the vendor, and if the part is being returned for a reason other than a legitimate 'warranty', the customer should expect to pay for these costs - hence the 'return charge' as stated, etc...

The complaints regarding feedback info, etc. is another subject and vendors with poor customer relations usually suffer in sales as a result - unless of course they're the DMV,...

I use 30 days in my business, but we're all different, and some vendors with long lead times for specialty items have much more 'tighter' constraints - many specialty or 'slow moving' items might be limited as to quantity, and an order for a replacement has already been generated, causing the return to be in excess of what the vendor would normally carry - just some thoughts here - don't know the actual situation...

Buyer beware is ALWAYS a good policy...

Old 09-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Richfield , Ohio
Buyer Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexray View Post
This is always a 'sticky' salutation for the vendor when it comes to return parts...

Usually a 'return policy' is stated plainly, so that both parties know what's expected at the time of sale...

That being said, there's nothing preventing a vendor from 'stretching' his own rules to accommodate a good customers concerns over a particular transaction made in good faith...

If the customer purchased the item using a credit card for payment, there are charges that were 'absorbed' as it were, by the vendor to complete the sale, along order processing time (for the sale and restocking), shipping supplies, etc...

These are real costs for the vendor, and if the part is being returned for a reason other than a legitimate 'warranty', the customer should expect to pay for these costs - hence the 'return charge' as stated, etc...

The complaints regarding feedback info, etc. is another subject and vendors with poor customer relations usually suffer in sales as a result - unless of course they're the DMV,...

I use 30 days in my business, but we're all different, and some vendors with long lead times for specialty items have much more 'tighter' constraints - many specialty or 'slow moving' items might be limited as to quantity, and an order for a replacement has already been generated, causing the return to be in excess of what the vendor would normally carry - just some thoughts here - don't know the actual situation...

Buyer beware is ALWAYS a good policy...
I was and am still willing to accept the 20% return charge. I understand the costs the vendor has on returns. However, the only place that I could find the part was at this vendor which leads me to believe that the part could be easily resold.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #18
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
so my lock system on my 86 excella is broken. I looked at the " some modification necessary" parts and decided to just use the deadbolt.( yup 2 lock system) BUT -- could you make me some new parts if I sent you the broken ones?
others may be interested...

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
Old 09-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #19
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topshelf View Post
........ If anyone else wants to know how to do this, I would be happy to assist you so you will not have to do the "slight modification".
Yes indeed. I would really like to see a few pictures of this. Fashioning a $2 part beats the heck outta all that time and money of the non-oem stuff.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Old 09-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
1972 29' Ambassador
St. Paul , Minnesota
Shhh! $20 dollar part, $20 dollar part

Closed Thread