Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Boise Idaho dealer service

I thought I might positively comment on the dealer warrantee service at the new Airstream dealer in Nampa Idaho, Airstream Adventures NW.

I had a list of things that were needing attention, most serious was a significant water leak somewhere in the upper body shell above the pano windows. However, there were a number of other less important items to be dealt with. I made an appointment expecting only the leak issue would be resolved, or at least worked on. It is a 500 mile round trip for me to the dealer, and overnight stay is needed to be there first thing in the morning.

I am happy to report that the service manager was prompt and courteous in her manner, listened to all of my issues and got the two service guys on the problems quickly. I went off to town for a few hours, and at 1 pm she called me saying that they had done most all of the work already, but were waiting for the sealant to dry to water leak test the shell. I got back at 3 pm and all was ready for me. I talked directly to both service guys about what they had done. Of course, until we have a major rain storm, I am not sure the leaks are sealed but I have confidence in what they did, even though nothing definitive showed up in their inspection. They did a lot of re sealing.

So, very positive report. They did more on my list than I expected they could do in a few hours, resolved several issues, made note of more for future reference and were professional in all ways. They did not dismiss any of my concerns and did some work on all of them, resolving most.

I think you will be happy with the quality of service work done at Airstreams NW in Nampa Idaho (Boise area). I am so far.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
Retired USAF (kinda)

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Meridian , Idaho
Good to hear

I agree whole heartedly. It's a small operation, but the service for me so far has been second to none.
av8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
gresham , Oregon
warranty work northwest adventures

We have used Northwest adventures in Portland with very good results. They listen to your problems and confer with the factory to resolve any issue. Same company as Idaho. After, less then adequate treatment at other airstream dealer in Oregon we were happy to find Northwest Adventures.
pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by idroba View Post
I thought I might positively comment on the dealer warrantee service at the new Airstream dealer in Nampa Idaho, Airstream Adventures NW.

I had a list of things that were needing attention, most serious was a significant water leak somewhere in the upper body shell above the pano windows. However, there were a number of other less important items to be dealt with. I made an appointment expecting only the leak issue would be resolved, or at least worked on. It is a 500 mile round trip for me to the dealer, and overnight stay is needed to be there first thing in the morning.

I am happy to report that the service manager was prompt and courteous in her manner, listened to all of my issues and got the two service guys on the problems quickly. I went off to town for a few hours, and at 1 pm she called me saying that they had done most all of the work already, but were waiting for the sealant to dry to water leak test the shell. I got back at 3 pm and all was ready for me. I talked directly to both service guys about what they had done. Of course, until we have a major rain storm, I am not sure the leaks are sealed but I have confidence in what they did, even though nothing definitive showed up in their inspection. They did a lot of re sealing.

So, very positive report. They did more on my list than I expected they could do in a few hours, resolved several issues, made note of more for future reference and were professional in all ways. They did not dismiss any of my concerns and did some work on all of them, resolving most.

I think you will be happy with the quality of service work done at Airstreams NW in Nampa Idaho (Boise area). I am so far.
herrick51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:25 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
idroba, Herrick51, others: we are considering going to the Idaho AS Dealer for annual service this year, instead of Jackson Center. Does anyone have any comments or recent experience with service at the Idaho dealer? Are the leak repairs holding? Thanks for anyone for updates comments!
Candace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:34 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
I can only say that the initial factory leaks which were repaired under warrantee at the Airstreams NW location near Boise have never re occurred. The service manager is the same as three years ago, and she is very very knowledgable and competent and helpful. I have not had any reason to go back for more service though. It is a 500 mile round trip for me, so I don't do it at the drop of a hat.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:56 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Garden Valley , Idaho
I have been using the NW dealer, now in Caldwell, Idaho, and it has always been a very positive experience. They do really good work and their rates are very reasonable. Their new show room is second to none and they have The Idaho Special, which only 5 were made and a Pendleton Special as well. Amazing examples include an awesome 30' Classic along with the regular assortment of Clouds and Bambi's. If you are close to Boise, you need to stop by and see the show room.
2002 Airstream Classic 30' w/SO #2074
2007 Kubota 900 RTV
1996 Ford Bronco
2007 Lincoln LT
pappy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:29 PM   #7
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
We have had no service work done there, but our trailer came from their inventory and their service department did the dealer prep. The local Bay Area dealer tells us they never have any problems with the trailers preped in Bosie. We found no issues with the prep, so from our perspective they do good work. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:36 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
I had my very leaking windows and seams resealed there three years ago and I have not yet had another leak. I have been very happy with their service.

Stan
Salt Lake City
spenfolder is offline   Reply With Quote