Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Sugar Land , Texas
Body Damage repair not Holiday World

Any recommendations for businesses in Texas that repair body damage. My 2014 27FB has lower frontal and side damage from an encounter with tire debris while traveling in Canada. Holiday World of Katy, TX refused to give me a repair estimate unless I turned my Airstream over to them and agreed to let them deal exclusively with my insurance company. This and one unethical suggestion raised a big red flag with me, so I would appreciate any recommendation pro or con about businesses you may have experience with
airstream body repair in the Houston area or Texas. Thanks
us3rnam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:59 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Montgomery , Texas
Bob Jones RV--I had an extensive renovation done by them earlier this year and they are top notch. They're a very small outfit in South Houston (close to Hobby Airport), so they do work at a glacial pace, but it's done absolutely right. Like my trailer went in the shop on January 11th, and I got it back on May 19th.

The bright side is that they've worked on every vintage of Airstream, and are comfortable in working on all of them.
DaveMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Sugar Land , Texas
Thanks DaveMc I did as you suggested. They seem like nice people.
us3rnam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:57 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by us3rnam3 View Post
Any recommendations for businesses in Texas that repair body damage. My 2014 27FB has lower frontal and side damage from an encounter with tire debris while traveling in Canada. Holiday World of Katy, TX refused to give me a repair estimate unless I turned my Airstream over to them and agreed to let them deal exclusively with my insurance company. This and one unethical suggestion raised a big red flag with me, so I would appreciate any recommendation pro or con about businesses you may have experience with
airstream body repair in the Houston area or Texas. Thanks
I suspect that my reply is too late for you. That said, I would NEVER let Holiday World of KATY touch my rig EVER again. I purchased it at Holiday World but now the rig is out of warranty. I recently took my rig to Foley RV / Airstream of Mississippi for two panel replacements. I wanted to deal with a long-term Airstream dealer with years of doing body work on Airstreams. In a word - EXCELLENT craftsmanship and service. Took about a month or so to get the two panels from Jackson Center - once received, the job was promptly scheduled and completed. Michelle Galloway at Foley RV was my contact.

I recently have head very good comments regarding Bob Jones RV in South Houston. I will be visiting with them soon to check them out as they run a full service operation )i.e. not just body work).
dhroberts is offline   Reply With Quote