Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-17-2008, 12:38 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Chico , California
Blog help

I have just started my first blog. I have never done one before so please bear with me. I did everything in MS Word and saved the doc. I then did a copy and wentto my blog. When I pasted it, the pictures did not show up. Now I don't know how to fix or remove it. This is what I posted.

NUTZ

I started stripping the interior of the Safari to remove the floor tiles. I had found a few soft spots that I wanted to repair. After removing the Dometic Refer and finding the out side temperature hitting 100 and above, I decided to work on the Refer in the shop until it cooled off a little outside. There were cracks in the corners of the door as if there were heavy items carried there while the trailer went down the road. Since the axel was shot, it beat the door plastic so hard it cracked.

I used a Dremel tool to grind out the cracks. I ground them to a Vee shape.

Now came the hard part, trying to find something to stick to the plastic. After trying Bondo, Bondo with fiberglass and a plastic car bumper repair kit I was ready to give up. I place a call for help on the Airstream Forum. Don East (NorCal Bambi) came to the rescue. He said to use Marine-Tex from West Marine. This stuff worked great. I filled the cracks and sanded smooth.
I then flipped the door over and applied fiberglass mat and resin to the backside for more reinforcement.

Since I had removed the old insulation to apply the fiberglass, I used the spray can foam on the back.

Then, using my electric carving knife, I trimmed it flush.

If you attempt this, use the low expanding foam. The regular that I used expanded so much it warped the door!
It took a fair amount of work to repair that.
After that I primed it with Krylon Primer for plastic and painted it as close as I could to the original color.

Next step was to clean and adjust the burner and test it. It works great on gas and electric. I removed the wood panel from the door and sanded it but, it was too far gone. I was able to reverse the panel, sand, stain and varnish it.

All that it left is to hook up a BBQ igniter to light it off and then reinstall it. A great indoor project.

There should be a picture in each space.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:58 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Alumanutz,
First off, welcome to the wild world of blogging!
Second off, if I click on your signiture, it doesn't take me to your blog...I am guessing it should read something like this: alumanutz.blogspot.com
Thirdly, I am no expert but below is how I deal with pictures...

It can be kinda a paid in the butt when trying to include multiple pictures within the post, however it can be done...Here is how I do it:
1. Type in your text (or copy and paste).
2. You have to then click the little icon that is the third from the left...add picture.
At this point you can upload one, two or multiple pictures to the post.
...now here is the challenge...
3. You have to drag the pictures where you would like them in your post so they match up with your text.
4. View your post and see if it looks good.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Chico , California
Uberphotos, THANK YOU!
I got the address changed. I tried what you said about the photos and could not get it to work. The photos would not move. I did find a delete button and got rid of the post. These Blogs might be more trouble than they are worth. I will continue trying. Thanks again.

NUTZ