Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Them birds ain't got no legs!
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbey1 View Post
Where can I pick up one of the Cellular Antennas? I usually use my Sprint phone as a WIFI hotspot and then use my computer. If having an antenna and an amplifier will help boost service, I would love that!
I bought my antenna through Amazon. The manufacturer of the antenna and the booster/amplifier is Wilson. They have a variety of differently configured kits - I go the amplifier with the internal antenna which has a pick-up range of 2 feet; it has the 12-volt power supply and I also bought the plain antenna. I has JC install the antenna, and I put the amplifier under the armrest of the gaucho (wired in 12volts for it there). The pickup is attached with the double-sided tape it came with just under the window ledge where the dining table folds out from the wall. I also wired in a small switch under the window ledge (switch has a red led in it when the power is on) to power the amplifier on and off.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #43
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
I looked up the Sewer solution and I have to ask - innocently!

What's the advantage? As I see it on the web site, if I put the jet pump part onto my black water outlet, when camping I now have to connect/disconnect two hoses and I still have one hose after its work is done, that had sewage run though it....

What am I missing?
Old 06-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #44

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post

What's the advantage? As I see it on the web site, if I put the jet pump part onto my black water outlet, when camping I now have to connect/disconnect two hoses and I still have one hose after its work is done, that had sewage run though it....

What am I missing?
It seems to me the advantages are small diameter hose that's easy to roll up, and built in tank flushing capability. I also think they are able to dump somewhat up hill and farther away than regular gravity dump can usually deal with.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:

What am I missing?
What you would be missing is the "stinky slinky".

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:

What am I missing?
I just bought and used one my last trip. The advantage is that it cleans the dump hose. You dump and the jet forces the waste down the hose flush the tank and the flush the hose right from the drain connection. I flushed both tanks and flushed the hose. It is less messy, is in a necessity, no. You don't have to have someone fill a tank from the inside. I still carry a slinky but prefer the Sewer Solution.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
I bought FloJet RV Waste Pump Kit - Xylem 18555000A - Drain & Flush Systems - Camping World several years ago thinking I would use it to clean out my holding tank on a LY moho I had - I have never used it. I find that having the slinky-type hose in a tube under the trailer works fine. What I do use is RV Hydro Flush 45 Degree - Valterra F02-4100 - Sewer Flushing - Camping World -
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #48
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Toad, not so. According to camping world and the maker it is supposed cut the water off completly. It is a defect in manufacturing . I called CW this morning and they are going to send another one. I was told they have received no complaints from the latest batch they have sent ouy. Hopefully this one will work as designed.
The CampingWorld description looks like it was lifted directly form the Oxygenics page, and it says: "The new SmartPause valve allows you to pause water flow to a trickle with the push of a button."

Leaving a trickle flowing helps mitigate two possible problems: 1. If it is full off then full water pressure is on the pipes behind the shut-off, pipes and maybe hose that may not be designed for the full pressure, and 2. If your water heater is fired up and "recovering the pressure could actually increase on the hot side and back up into the cold side of the supply. When you turn it on again there could be a short burst of hotter water. The trickle keeps it equalized, and probably is not more than a pint over one shower.

I used the original Oxygenics in my previous house & really liked it; so much that I'm ordering one now for my moho.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #49
1 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Kingston , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by drboyd View Post
\
(1) Zillion LED exterior lights

Do you have any pictures? Love to see what you did with the LED lights.
pyrenees is offline   Reply With Quote