Old 06-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 22
Pasadena , California
Send a message via AIM to crabbey1 Send a message via Skype™ to crabbey1
Awesome! Great to hear! I am going to pick one up.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post

Here are many examples:

Amazon.com: water alarm
Is there a specific model you'd recommend?

Old 06-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 22
Pasadena , California
Is there such a thing a low flow valve? Or does the showerhead just take care of that on it's own?
Old 06-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #32

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbey1 View Post
Is there such a thing a low flow valve? Or does the showerhead just take care of that on it's own?
It doesn't require a special shower valve. The design of the showerhead itself is what reduces the flow, you could use one in your house for that matter.

The one in the Camping World link I sent you has a shutoff valve included at the base of the showerhead, so you can temporarily stop the water flow without tinkering with the shower valve settings (nice for my fiddly original 2-handle shower valve.) The standard setup from Oxygenics comes with a restrictor that lets you reduce the flow but not completely shut it off.

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
Useful stuff! I just ordered two water detectors for our AS. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Heads up on the so called "on/off valve" on the new Oxygenics shower head. I am on my third one from Camping World. The valve will not shut the water off. All it does is reduce the flow to a high trickle. Read the reviews that people are posting on the new head and others are having the same problem. I am debating if I am going to send the latest one back and try again. As a shower head it works very well. Supposedly uses less water and has a nice spray pattern with good pressure.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Heads up on the so called "on/off valve" on the new Oxygenics shower head. I am on my third one from Camping World. The valve will not shut the water off. All it does is reduce the flow to a high trickle. Read the reviews that people are posting on the new head and others are having the same problem. I am debating if I am going to send the latest one back and try again. As a shower head it works very well. Supposedly uses less water and has a nice spray pattern with good pressure.
I didn't think it was supposed to shut the water off entirely, the trickle is there to remind you to shut the shower valve off properly. We have the Airstream supplied shower head that has a cut off valve but it specifically says there should be a trickle....

"You can't tow that with that!"

http://toadsoftowedhaul.com
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #36
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
We dry camp quite a bit (I know, it's not everyone's thing). In place of the charger/convertor I have a Xantrex charger/inverter - the Freedom 3012 (3000 watt pure sine wave output). Also have 3 x 75-watt solar (came with the trailer), 4 AGM batteries and I installed a blue-flame heater.

For internet I use the cellular network. I had a cell antenna mounted on the roof (the aluminum roof makes an excellent counterpoise (ground plane). The antenna is attached to a Wilson 3-watt amplifier with an internal pickup. I use an older Cradlepointe router into which I plug a Verizon USB cellular modem. The Cradlepointe sets up a complete wireless network in the trailer - works with Linux, Windoze, iPod, Andoid and what ever else needs internet access, as well as the printer.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Toad, not so. According to camping world and the maker it is supposed cut the water off completly. It is a defect in manufacturing . I called CW this morning and they are going to send another one. I was told they have received no complaints from the latest batch they have sent ouy. Hopefully this one will work as designed.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Toad, not so. According to camping world and the maker it is supposed cut the water off completly. It is a defect in manufacturing . I called CW this morning and they are going to send another one. I was told they have received no complaints from the latest batch they have sent ouy. Hopefully this one will work as designed.
Ah well, you live and learn...

"You can't tow that with that!"

http://toadsoftowedhaul.com
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 22
Pasadena , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkmagikca View Post
For internet I use the cellular network. I had a cell antenna mounted on the roof (the aluminum roof makes an excellent counterpoise (ground plane). The antenna is attached to a Wilson 3-watt amplifier with an internal pickup. I use an older Cradlepointe router into which I plug a Verizon USB cellular modem. The Cradlepointe sets up a complete wireless network in the trailer - works with Linux, Windoze, iPod, Andoid and what ever else needs internet access, as well as the printer.
Where can I pick up one of the Cellular Antennas? I usually use my Sprint phone as a WIFI hotspot and then use my computer. If having an antenna and an amplifier will help boost service, I would love that!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
Where can I get some pink flamingos?
Lot of 4 Vintage Original Don Featherstone Signed Pink Flamingo Lawn Ornaments | eBay

Old 06-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Them birds ain't got no legs!
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbey1 View Post
Where can I pick up one of the Cellular Antennas? I usually use my Sprint phone as a WIFI hotspot and then use my computer. If having an antenna and an amplifier will help boost service, I would love that!
I bought my antenna through Amazon. The manufacturer of the antenna and the booster/amplifier is Wilson. They have a variety of differently configured kits - I go the amplifier with the internal antenna which has a pick-up range of 2 feet; it has the 12-volt power supply and I also bought the plain antenna. I has JC install the antenna, and I put the amplifier under the armrest of the gaucho (wired in 12volts for it there). The pickup is attached with the double-sided tape it came with just under the window ledge where the dining table folds out from the wall. I also wired in a small switch under the window ledge (switch has a red led in it when the power is on) to power the amplifier on and off.

1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote