Old 04-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Belt molding sealing idea

So I am battling some new water leaks and since I have new molded in color lower molding inserts sitting in the basement, it might be time to remove the lower molding and reseal the whole shootin' match. I got to thinking about how to seal the rivet heads and seams under the molding and thought an Eternabond product would be much longer lasting than sealer. The only 1" wide product they make is here:

EternaBond Doublestick MicroSealant Putty Tape

However, it is a double sticky sided product and I would never get the molding off again in the future. I called and discussed with a tech at Eternabond and he thought it would be a good application for this product...and just go back over the outside of the tape with aluminum foil before the molding is re-installed.

What do you all think?

Will 1" cover both the rivets and the lap joint between the skin and belly wrap?

Will .060" thickness cause my moldings to be very much short as they run around the trailer due to standing out a tiny bit more?

Anything I'm missing?

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off