Old 07-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Bathroom repair method/material

Not sure what material the bathroom wall is or how to repair. Would love information on what material this is and advice on repair method. Also, the foam insulation that can be seen, is this original? Have no idea why the toilet lid and seat is hacked up, nor how the hole in the wall got there. This is in a 1967 Tradewind. The floor repairs were done by previous owner, I'll probably redo.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3381.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	451.0 KB
ID:	84165   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3383.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	642.6 KB
ID:	84166  

SilverHoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
You have the same bathroom as my 68'. It is made of plastic. you could try to repair it with fiberglass and paint it with a plastic spay paint. I did with mine. You can see it here...

Under the plastic on the walls is the same aluminum as the rest of the trailer.. Mine was in worse shape than yours. So I just ripped it all and and redid it in wood...

I would double check that patch you have on the floor. it looks rather suspect.. When you patch the floor you should always cut back to a frame member for support. this looks like it has some metal brackets but it is probably being supported by the black tank...

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Thanks Jason,

I think if it is ABS plastic that I have seen it repaired by someone on this forum. Yes, I will be checking out the PO's floor repair job.
SilverHoot is offline   Reply With Quote