Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Bambi 2006 rear side window

Spent last night (first time) in bambi and have never slept so good. However.....Went to open the side rear window and pushed a smidge too hard and shattered the window. Searched forums and unable to locate the best place to order a new one. I collected all the hardware just in case I can use again. I am learning the hard way, I guess, but loved it.....
mocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Only an Airstream dealer can sell OEM parts. Any near you? Any dealer should be able to get one in from Jackson Center in just a few days.

Will you install it yourself? Sounds like it if you've taken it apart.

A dealer in your region (ie, lower shipping costs) who does a good job working with folks over the phone is Out-of-Doors-Mart in Colfax, NC.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
That's the information I was looking for...many thanks. No dealer near southeast Virginia that I know of. It "looks" like it would not be that difficult to install, but.....As far as me taking it apart....the window was in 13 million pieces and a couple pieces that hold the glass were on the ground (no taking apart necessary). Your sugggestion in Colfax, NC should work out fine. I will get in touch with them later today....Thanks again.....
\
Old 05-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Just a point of clarification: I think you meant "curbside".

When you describe the window location to a vendor for replacement, that will matter...since there are no windows that open on the street side of an 06 19' Bambi Safari SE.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Whoops..thanks for the correction. Ya have to consider the source...if I am dumb enough to break a window like that, well, my since of direction may go along with it....
Old 05-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocus View Post
Whoops..thanks for the correction. Ya have to consider the source...if I am dumb enough to break a window like that, well, my since of direction may go along with it....
Not a problem...I was just worried that you'd have the vendor scratching his head when you told him you'd broken the street side window while trying to open it.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Well, the vendor could join the club in the head scratching department...I have been scratching my head since December. It's nice having individuals such as you, looking out for beginners like me. I hope I am doing the right thing...Can get window from Out-of-Doors Mart for $199.95, shipping $46.72. Right now, I really don't care about the price, I just want to get'er done (fixed). Thanks again.....