Old 10-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Austin , Texas
Thanks

Thanks. FYI---I called my insurance agent who I found is is also an Airstreamer... She recommended I call Camper Clinic in Buda. Found out they ARE an Airstream Dealer AND authorized Airstream repair spot. I called Airstream in Ohio to double check and was told that Camper Clinic in Buda was indeed an authorized Airstream repair dealer. They are located right on I-35.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyo View Post
Can anyone recommend a good repair facility near Austin, TX? Thanks a lot.
North Dallas Airstream specializes in exactly this kind of repair work.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Austin , Texas
Glad to know I'm not the only one - I backed into a tree limb and the roof line during a storm and ruined the awning and dented back panels. Who knew it would fold up like a beer can.... Thank god I had insurance - I did $15,000 worth of damage!!!! I took it to Camper Clinic in Buda - across from Cabela's and they did the work and dealt with my insurance co so that all I paid was the deductible. FYI - check with your insurance agency becuase mine said I had to have a seperate rider to include the awnings.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Austin , Texas
Thanks dgray

Thanks a lot. Indeed, it helps to know that others have had run ins with tree limbs and the like! My insurance agent, State Farm said she has had great work done at Camper Clinic in Buda so that is where it is going. We have a $500 deductible and our coverage will take in the awning. I REALLY appreciate your feedback on Camper Clinic. It will be so much easier to get our AS there and to stay and watch. My daughter lives nearby and if I have to , I will overnight with her so that I can watch the work.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:06 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
For those not familliar Buda (Hays Co. Tx.) is just a few miles south of Austin on I-35. I mean we're talking less than 20 miles for sure.
But I see that Pahaska who lives in Hays Co. (south of Austin) recomends that trailers be taken hundreds of miles north to North Dallas.
OK I know Pahaska knows his workmanship standards based on work I have seen him do.

So...there must be more to this story than meets the eye.
Whazzup?

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #20
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Pahaska gave you his best advice because he is aware of a number of occaisions wherein the work performed by Camper Clinic was NOT up to anywhere near par. Its somewhat like going to the hospital. In the hospital, you don't have to check with personel to tell if you have a good nurse or not. You can tell by the way she comes to you and treats you. The same can be said for repair facilities and technicians who work there. There are good ones with plenty of experience and there are those who haven't a clue. North Dallas, Billy Simms in Lubbock and Roger Williams in Weatherford are experienced and CARE that the job is done right. This advice is based upon numerous collision repairs done to friend's trailers. That is one of the perks of belonging to the WBCCI or to a forum such as this. You don't have to go and make the same mistakes over that otheres have already made, but to prevent making the same mistakes over again you have to listen when advice is given when it is given by people who know what they are talking about. I realize that Camper Clinic is an "authorized" repair facility and that they are much more conveniently located to you, but "authorized" in their case doesn't mean much more than the fact that they sell Airstreams. It doesn't mean their technicians have the experience or the "craftsmanship" to do the job right. They just lost their only technician that had that kind of experence and personality.

GStephens
Old 10-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Austin , Texas
I hear ya... BUT

Thanks GStephens-

I understand what you are saying. I have however, had three peoples input telling me that they have had good experiences with Camper Clinic. And with all due respect to Randy at N. Dallas RV - I contacted them with regards to my situation over a week ago - left them my name, phone number(s), email addy - the works, and have not heard back from them. As a business person myself - that's not good business in my book.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #22
Full Timers/Diesel power.

1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
Hey, bring on the pics, we've all done that, and worse. Note bumper before Andy found us a fresh one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1021.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	69760  
Old 10-18-2008, 02:19 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

Brandon Newell, brandino623@yahoo.com, was referred to me three years ago by the service manager at Alamo City RV, San Antonio. I wasn't able to use him due to other circumstances, so cannot vouch for his work. At the time he was replacing top pannels on a 2005 model.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:04 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1998 25' Safari
Austin , Texas
Well, all I can do is go with recommendations. I will be travelling up to Dallas in a few weeks and will take my 'stream to N. Dallas. I can't argue with those who have been in my shoes. Thanks again to everyone. It's good to know that everyone is so helpful.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:09 PM   #25
Full Timers/Diesel power.

1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
Where's those before/after pics?